This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BestPotatoesBestFries
Warm casserole bakes are one of my favorite things to make this time of year. Today I’m sharing a new recipe for a Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole. The whole family will love this kid-friendly dinner bake! This cheeseburger French fry casserole can be customized with your favorite burger toppings, and I promise it will become a family favorite. One of the reasons this casserole is so good is using Grown In Idaho Super Crispy Crinkle Cut Fries. Grown In Idaho uses 100% real Idaho-grown potatoes. Found in the freezer aisle of your grocery store or online, they are always super crispy, and can be made in the oven or air fryer. They are great as a side dish, loaded, or in different recipes like today’s Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole.
What you need to make this Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
If you want great fries you have to start with great potatoes. This cheeseburger and fries casserole recipe calls for Grown In Idaho Super Crispy Crinkle Cut Fries. They are super crispy (just like their name implies) and flavorful skin-on crinkle-cut fries made with 100% certified Idaho® potatoes. I picked mine up in the Walmart freezer section. You can find them in-store or with Walmart Online Grocery Pickup. Click here to find where Grown In Idaho products are sold near you.
Grown In Idaho frozen potatoes always bake up tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, so they are a favorite to use in recipes. In addition to the Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole, I’m sharing today, Grown In Idaho Super Crispy Crinkle Cut Fries are great as a side dish dipped in ketchup (or ranch if you’re like me), and in other recipes like these Gooey Beer Cheese Poutine Fries and these Super Crispy Chili Cheese Fries.
How to make a Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
Making this Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole is really easy. See the full recipe at the end of this post, but you start by preheating your oven to 425°F then spreading a 28-ounce bag of Grown In Idaho Super Crispy Crinkle Cut Fries out in the bottom of a 9”x13” baking dish. Bake the fries in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
While the fries are baking, sauté the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat with some dry minced onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until the beef is crumbled and browned completely. Remove from the pan to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil from the ground beef.
After baking, remove the fries from the oven and sprinkle, sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese, then top with the ground beef mixture you set aside. Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven to bake for 10 more minutes.
Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice, and paprika together in a small bowl.
Remove the cheeseburger French fry casserole from the oven and drizzle the sauce over the top.
Top the Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole with diced tomatoes, lettuce, chopped pickles, and bacon bits (optional) to taste. You can feel free to experiment with the amount of toppings or add any of your other favorite burger toppings to this cheeseburger casserole with French fries.
Enjoy, and don’t forget to look for Grown In Idaho in stores near you.
- 1 28-ounce bag frozen Grown In Idaho Super Crispy Crinkle Cut Fries
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded American cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped dill pickles
- Optional: bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread the bag of Grown In Idaho Super Crispy Crinkle Cut Fries out in the bottom of a 9”x13” baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time .
- Meanwhile, place the ground beef, minced onion, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a skillet over medium-high heat and stir, crumbling the beef. Sauté until the beef has browned completely (8-10 minutes). Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove the fries from the oven and turn them. Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese, then top with the ground beef mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven to bake for 10 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice, and paprika. Drizzle the sauce over the top of the cheeseburger and fries casserole.
- Top with diced tomatoes, lettuce, chopped pickles, and bacon bits (optional) to taste.