This post has been sponsored by Prego®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
On busy nights, one-stop shopping at my local Randalls and one-pot recipes are a dream come true. Anything that saves time, effort, and dishes to clean is a win in my book! Today I’m sharing a delicious pasta dinner recipe that’s one of our go-tos. This one-pot Pasta Primavera cooks quickly and easily thanks to using Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce as a shortcut. Sweet, vine-ripened tomatoes and savory Italian seasoning in the sauce means you don’t have to add much! Delicious, hearty and full of summer veggies, this one-pot pasta primavera is great for busy weeknights and will please the whole family. Oh, and everything you need to make this one-pot penne pasta recipe can be picked up at your local Randalls or at your local Albertsons Companies store!
Don’t forget to check the Randalls app for personalized deals, rewards, and free items before you shop! I always have coupons and savings waiting for me in the app. Click to Add Your Ingredients to Cart:
How to make this One-Pot Pasta Primavera
Did you know that you can cook pasta noodles directly in sauce without boiling them first? Save the extra pot and the extra step of boiling your pasta, and instead infuse your pasta with the sauce while it cooks. I’ve got the complete One-Pot Pasta Primavera recipe at the end of this post, but here are some step-by-step photos and tips for making one-pot penne pasta.
Start by heating some olive oil in a Dutch oven or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a diced medium onion, chopped zucchini, and chopped bell pepper to the pot (these veggies are really the only prep you need to do for this easy recipe). Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables just start to soften (about 5 minutes).
Next, add a 24-ounce jar of Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce to the pot along with some vegetable broth until well mixed. Prego® sauces are so thick and well-seasoned that you don’t need to do much. That’s part of what makes this recipe so quick and easy!
Stir in 12 ounces of dry, uncooked penne pasta, making sure the noodles are evenly submerged in the liquid. Bring it to a boil then reduce the heat to medium.
Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally to make sure the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot. You will cook it until the pasta is al dente (this will take about 15 minutes).
Garnish with fresh basil leaves and Parmesan cheese, if desired. We like to serve this one-pot pasta primavera recipe with garlic bread sticks.
Here’s the one-pot pasta primavera recipe! Enjoy!
One-Pot Pasta Primavera
This one-pot penne pasta cooks quickly and easily thanks to using Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce as a shortcut. Delicious, hearty and full of summer veggies, this one-pot pasta primavera is great for busy weeknights and will please the whole family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 24-ounce jar Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish (if desired)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, zucchini, and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables just start to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce and vegetable broth until well mixed, then stir in the penne noodles, making sure they are evenly submerged in the liquid. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the pasta is al dente (about 15 minutes). Garnish with fresh basil leaves and Parmesan cheese (if desired).
Leave a Reply