This post has been sponsored by Tyson Foods Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Do you prep lunches in advance, or do you make them in the morning? Today I’m sharing tips for making sandwiches ahead of time, plus a delicious Ham and Turkey Sliders recipe so you can save yourself time on busy school and work mornings! These make-ahead sandwiches are made in bulk using delicious Sara Lee® Premium Meats, and both kids and parents love them. Just like all Sara Lee® products, I can always trust the taste, quality, and ingredients in Sara Lee® Premium Meats. It makes me feel good about what I am serving my family. Look for Sara Lee® Premium Meats at your grocery store deli counter; as it’s great not only for lunch sandwiches, but also in breakfast and dinner recipes, and for high-protein snacking. In the meantime, you’ll want to save this recipe for the easiest make-ahead sandwiches for lunch.
Tips for making sandwiches in advance
I’ve got step-by-step instructions for making this ham and turkey sliders recipe below, but first, here are some tips for making sandwiches ahead of time so they can last for a few days in the fridge. These tips for making sandwiches in advance will help save you a lot of time in the mornings!
- Don’t put condiments directly on the bread. To keep the bread from getting soggy while still saving yourself a step, put the condiments between your meat and cheese layers. The meat and cheese will add a protective barrier to the bread.
- Skip wet ingredients like sliced tomatoes. If you really want them, slice them in advance and store them separately. Add them to your sandwich in the morning.
- Store your sandwiches in air-tight containers to keep the bread and ingredients the freshest in your fridge.
How to make ham and turkey sliders
What you need:
- Sara Lee® Honey Ham
- Sara Lee® Mesquite Smoked Turkey Breast or Sara Lee® Honey Roasted Turkey Breast
- 3 slices colby jack cheese, cut into 4 squares
- 12 dinner rolls
- Green leaf lettuce
- Dijon mustard
Assembling your make-ahead head Ham and Turkey Sliders:
Slice your dinner rolls in half and separate the rolls.
Remove the tops and add a piece of butter leaf lettuce to the bottom of each roll.
Add a piece of cheese on top of the lettuce.
Add the condiments on top of the lettuce. For this ham and turkey sliders recipe, we like to use mayonnaise and a small dollop of Dijon mustard.
Top with a piece of Sara Lee® Mesquite Smoked Turkey Breast or Sara Lee® Honey Roasted Turkey Breast and Sara Lee® Honey Ham.
Place the dinner roll tops back on the slider sandwiches and store in air-tight containers.
Packing your make-ahead sandwiches for lunch
When you’re ready to assemble your lunch in the morning, remove two of the slider sandwiches from the container and add them to your lunch box.
Serve the sandwiches with fresh fruit and veggies for a balanced lunch.
Making sandwiches ahead of time with Sara Lee® Premium Meats is a tasty and easy solution for busy mornings. Remember to look for and purchase Sara Lee® Premium Meats the next time you’re at the store!