Your favorite spooky family is back in the animated comedy sequel, The Addams Family 2 (see it in theaters or on demand on October 1 – watch the trailer here)! Celebrate the release with these simple but adorable Wednesday Addams cookies, decorated with her signature braids and family vacation sunglasses.
Disclosures: This is a sponsored post. The opinions are my own. This post also contains some affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase using the links, I may receive a commission. This does not cost you anything additional.
In this all new movie we find Morticia and Gomez distraught that their children are growing up, skipping family dinners, and totally consumed with “scream time.” To reclaim their bond they decide to cram Wednesday, Pugsley, Uncle Fester and the crew into their haunted camper and hit the road for one last miserable family vacation. Their adventure across America takes them out of their element and into hilarious run-ins with their iconic cousin, IT, as well as many new kooky characters. What could possibly go wrong?
Wednesday Addams Sugar Cookies
Did you know you can follow @WednesdayAddams on Instagram? Definitely give this basic witch a follow.
- Sugar cookie dough (or your favorite sugar cookie recipe)
- Round metal cookie or biscuit cutter, shaped into an oval
- White cookie icing
- Black licorice strings
- Black, purple, and red cake decorating icing
- Small icing tips
- Bend a circular cookie cutter into an oval that’s wider on top than on the bottom.
- Prepare your sugar cookies and cut the dough with the oval cookie cutter. Bake according to the recipe instructions.
- After the cookies have cooled, frost the entire top of the cookies with white cookie icing. Let dry completely.
- Take three long licorice strings and attach them together 1/3 of the way up by tying one of the strings in a knot around the other two. Add another knot in the same method 1/3 of the way up the other end (you should have two knots and your licorice strings divided into 3 sections).
- Braid the 3 strings together on each end and tie one of the strings around in a knot to secure the end of the braid. You should have a braid on each side of the licorice strings with an unbraided section in the middle. Trim the end of the strings below the knot so the ends are even.
- Using the cake decorating icing and the small icing tips, add purple eyelids on half the cookies, and red and black sunglasses on the other half.
- Pipe black icing around the top edge of each cookie. Arch the braided licorice “hair” and center it on top of the black icing, pressing lightly so the unbraided part sticks to the icing and the braids hang loose down the sides.
Want more #AddamsFamily2 fun? Download these free coloring pages! They’re creepy and they’re kooky – and dreadfully fun to color! Click the image below to get the free activity.
Host your own creepy & kooky movie night with this downloadable party kit! Click the image below to download the free The Addams Family 2 Movie Night Party Kit.
Have fun making these cookies, and remember to check out The Addams Family 2 in theaters and on demand on October 1st (just in time for spooky month)!