I partnered with Paramount to create this The Lost City At-Home Girlfriends’ Watch Party. The Lost City is now available to purchase on Digital! #TheLostCity
I’ve got the most fabulous idea for your next girls’ night: Throw a The Lost City At-Home Girlfriends’ Watch Party! If you didn’t get to catch it in theatres, no worries, as it’s out on Digital now, which is the perfect reason to grab your girls for some simple-but-chic at-home entertaining. This super fun film stars Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, and Daniel Radcliffe, and will have you laughing, cheering, and maybe even a bit of ogling… ahem. It’s beautiful, stylish, and did I mention it stars Channing Tatum? And that he plays a romance novel cover model? Watch the trailer here. As I said, it’s the perfect reason to have the girls over, and today I’m sharing lots of inspiration for your at-home watch party, including easy and chic jungle theme party décor, specialty cocktails, party food ideas, and some pampering so you can enjoy this film comfortably with your besties.
More about The Lost City
Brilliant, but reclusive author Loretta Sage (Sandra Bullock) has spent her career writing about exotic places in her popular romance-adventure novels featuring handsome cover model Alan (Channing Tatum), who has dedicated his life to embodying the hero character, ‘Dash.’ While on tour promoting her new book with Alan, Loretta is kidnapped by an eccentric billionaire (Daniel Radcliffe) who hopes that she can lead him to the ancient lost city’s treasure from her latest story. Wanting to prove that he can be a hero in real life and not just on the pages of her books, Alan sets off to rescue her. Thrust into an epic jungle adventure, the unlikely pair will need to work together to survive the elements and find the ancient treasure before it’s lost forever. Learn more on the official website for The Lost City.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase using the links, I may receive a commission. This does not cost you anything additional.
Decorations for a safari theme party for adults
In order to plan the party decorations, I first needed to decide on the overall vibe I wanted to create for the watch party. I settled on casual but chic – a way for the ladies to gather comfortably to watch the movie together but with fabulous details and elevated food and beverages. I was inspired by the idea of a jungle theme party for adults.
Once I was settled on a safari theme party for adults, the theme and The Lost City movie itself helped me set the party color scheme of purple, green, gold, light beige/khaki, and cream.
I used subtly tropical/safari decor for the food table and party backdrop. This included:
- A khaki tablecloth
- Faux palm leaves
- Wooden and bamboo platters
- Purple tropical flowers (such as orchids)
Specialty cocktails for watching The Lost City
A fabulous way to elevate any party, no matter how intimate or casual, is to serve signature beverages for the evening’s activities. For this The Lost City At-Home Girlfriends’ Watch Party, I created two simple but unforgettable specialty beverages: “The Purple Sequin Jumpsuit” and “The Pearl Clutcher” (recipes below). Want a non-alcoholic option for your watch party? Check out these ideas for refreshing sparkling mocktails with mint, basil, and rosemary.
The Purple Sequin Jumpsuit
You know I love my bubbly, so I try to always include a sparkling option for any adult party. The Purple Sequin Jumpsuit champagne blackberry cocktail was created in honor of Loretta’s iconic purple sequin jumpsuit from the movie. The champagne bubbles add the sparkle, the blackberry liqueur adds the color and a delicious berry note, and purple sanding sugar on the rim makes it unforgettable.
- Lime juice
- Purple sanding sugar
- 1/2 ounce blackberry liqueur, chilled
- 5 ounces Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- Blackberries, sliced
- Place lime juice in a shallow dish. Place sanding sugar in a separate shallow dish. Dip the rim of a champagne flute glass in the lime juice, then roll the rim around in the sanding sugar to coat the rim.
- Add blackberry liqueur to the glass.
- Pour Champagne into the glass over the liqueur.
- Garnish with blackberry slices.
The Pearl Clutcher
For a safari theme party for adults, you want to serve something tropical and light. Enter The Pearl Clutcher, a tropical white sangria recipe inspired by Loretta’s novels and their exotic locations – and perfect for a The Lost City At-Home Girlfriends’ Watch Party.
- 1/2 of a mango, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 navel orange, sliced
- 2 fresh kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 2 limes, sliced
- 3 ounces Cointreau (or other orange liqueur)
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 liter club soda
- Fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
- Combine mango, pineapple, orange, kiwi, lime, Cointreau, and Sauvignon Blanc in a large pitcher. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, add club soda to the pitcher and stir. Pour into wine glasses to serve and garnish with mint (if desired).
Watch party food ideas
Any good party needs a good spread of snacks! All of the ideas for The Lost City At-Home Girlfriends’ Watch Party are really easy to make, giving you time back to focus on the fun with your friends.
Charcuterie with Salami Roses
If you’ve seen the movie, then you already know why you must serve charcuterie at your watch party. To play on the romance, this guest-pleasing charcuterie includes simple but perfectly complemented pairings and salami roses and rosettes.
What you need:
- Genoa salami
- Italian dry salami
- Sage leaves
- To make salami roses, fold a piece of salami over the rim of a wine glass with a narrow mouth. Repeat the process with more salami, overlapping as you work your way around the glass. When the ring of folded salami feels tight, invert your glass over a charcuterie board and slide the glass out of the salami rose. Repeat to make another rose or two.
- Create mini rosettes by folding salami pieces in half then rolling a few of them together and securing them with toothpicks. Snip off the ends of the toothpicks so they don’t show, but be sure to let your guests know they are in there! Place the rosettes next to the larger salami roses to look like a group of rosebuds.
- Place sage leaves strategically around the roses and rosettes to further enhance the floral theme.
- Add cheeses to the board.
- Fill in empty spaces with nuts.
Pesto-Mozzarella Sandwich Bites
This simple sandwich is easy to make but full of flavor. The flavors also happen to work really well alongside the charcuterie.
What you need:
- Fresh mozzarella
- Basil leaves
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise.
- Spread pesto evenly on the bottom half.
- Top with slices of mozzarella followed by basil leaves.
- Place the top piece of bread back over the toppings and slice into bite-sized pieces for easy grabbing.
Gourmet Popcorn in Individual Bags
Is it even a movie watch party if you don’t have popcorn? I personally love experimenting with different popcorn seasonings (see some of my favorites here and here), but for this movie watch party we are keeping it easy but elevated.
What you need:
- White cheddar popcorn
- Truffle zest
- Sea salt
- Plastic treat bag cones
- Purple glitter ribbon
- Gold glitter ribbon
- Toss popcorn with truffle zest and sea salt in a large bowl to taste.
- Add popcorn to individual treat bags and secure with a twist tie.
- Add a bow of purple and gold ribbon around the top of the bags to hide the twist ties.
Spiked Banana Pudding Parfait
For dessert, I created a boozy banana pudding (recipe below). It can be prepped in just minutes, and the spiked banana pudding gets a tropical twist with the addition of Malibu rum. I served them in 5-ounce plastic dessert cups with mini gold spoons and added glitter palm leaf cupcake toppers to make them extra pretty.
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant banana pudding mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Malibu rum
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup crushed Nilla wafers
- Whole Nilla wafers, for garnish
- Whisk the two pudding mixes, milk, and rum together in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes, or until thickened. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- In serving cups, layer pudding, whipped topping, banana slices, and crushed Nilla wafers, then repeat with an additional layer pudding, whipped topping, bananas, and crushed wafers. Add some whipped cream to the top and a whole Nilla wafer as a garnish.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This watch party activity is actually an Easter egg from the movie… you’ll see why when you watch it! Lay out an assortment of sheet masks for ladies to partake while enjoying the film, food, and drink.
Don’t forget The Lost City is now available to purchase on Digital! Snap it up and round up your besties for a memorable night in with Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum.