This is a great non-perishable meal to make while camping – it uses only dry or canned ingredients! Inspired by this recipe for Old-Fashioned Linguine with White Clam Sauce. See instructions and recipe below.
Here’s the recipe! Enjoy, and let me know what you think!
Camping Pasta with Clam Sauce recipe
- 1 package of your preferred long-noodle pasta (linguine, angel hair, or spaghetti would do)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 pinch crushed red pepper
Garlic powder (to taste)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 8 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
2 cans chopped clams with juice
2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Prepare pasta in boiling water per package directions. When al dente, drain and place in a bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Mix all dry ingredients (except parsley) in a bowl.
- When oil is hot, add the dry ingredients and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add mushrooms and stir to incorporate into seasonings and oil. Add cans of clams with juice. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss with reserved pasta in a bowl and top with dried parsley.
Don’t forget to pin this one for later!