DIY Kid’s Outdoor Safety Necklace Craft
What you need:
- Whistle with necklace (affiliate link)
- Flashlight keychain (affiliate link)
- Compass on a clip (affiliate link)
- Assorted pony beads
- Remove the ring from the whistle, and string the whistle back onto the necklace cord. You can prep this in advance if you are doing this with a group of kids.
- String beads on either side of the whistle.
- Remove the keychain from the flashlight, leaving just the small ring that’s attached to the flashlight, and string the flashlight onto the necklace. You can prep this in advance if you are doing this with a group of kids.
- On the opposite side of the necklace from the flashlight, tie a knot in the necklace cord to make a small loop.
- Clip the compass carabineer onto the cord loop you just created.
- Tie the necklace together, and that’s it!
Other Camping Resources
See more camping resources from Fab Everyday in these articles:
- The Only Camping Packing List You’ll Ever Need
- Fab Everyday Camping Packing Tips: Organized Camping Supply Box
- S’mores Variations – Unique Takes on the Traditional Camping Recipe
- Outdoor Cooking Recipe: Camping Pasta with Clam Sauce
- Cool Camper – Camping Fashion Inspiration
- Fab Everyday Campground Reviews
- Camping in Tombstone, AZ
- Family Camping Trip in Big Bend Ranch State Park, Texas
- Camping in Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend in Page, AZ
- One Day Family Camping Trip in Zion National Park
- Family Camping Trip to Arches National Park
- Camping in Marble Falls, TX – Shaffer Bend Recreation Area
- Kid’s camping craft idea: Leaf Rubbing Tree (easy toilet paper roll craft)
- Outdoor Children’s Activity: Go on a Nature Hunt!