The buffet restaurant had a huge variety of food, with a mix of traditional Scandinavian fare and other international offerings. The hostess even remembered us and gave my youngest a high-five when we returned for our next meal.
With limited time, we wanted to get the most out of our day in Helsinki. A Finnish family we met on the boat recommended that we visit The National Museum of Finland (Kansallismuseo).
I highly recommend visiting Kansallismuseo for your first visit to Finland. It is a really comprehensive museum that covers many aspect of Finnish history. It was interactive and held the attention of both the kids and us adults. Speaking of kid-friendly, there is one level of the museum that is a “workshop” full of hands-on interactive activities combined with “quick history” lessons. I had to coax the kids out of here when we needed to get lunch at the museum’s on-site café, as they were having so. much. fun.
Because we had so much fun at the museum (we wanted to see every exhibition, and even got to have lunch there), we didn’t have time for much else. No regrets – it just means we’ll have to go back someday! Do you have any must-visit spots in Helsinki that we should add to the list for next time?
- Two days in Stockholm, Sweden in winter (with the kids!)
- Visiting Sweden’s Icehotel and Touring Swedish Lapland with Kids
More Like This:
- The Ultimate UK Road Trip Itinerary – Driving Tour of England, Scotland, and Wales with the Family
- Fab Everyday Travel – Road Trips
- What to do during a long layover in Iceland: Blue Lagoon + DIY Golden Circle driving tour
- Everything you need to plan a romantic vacation in Paris that will stay with you for a lifetime
- Travel Style: What to Wear for a Vacation in Paris, France
- Fab Everyday’s Loire Valley Travel Guide – Your Resource for a Vacation in France’s Château Country
- Scenic Loire Valley Chateaux Driving Route from Paris to Amboise
- Road Trip Through Ireland
- Driving the Ring of Kerry
- What To Do on A Long Layover in Amsterdam