I’m sharing a new Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole recipe to make your life easier on busy mornings! This delicious and easy egg bake with English muffins is a great way to use leftover cooked ham, but you can also substitute cooked bacon to change it up. You can make the ham, egg, and cheese casserole the morning you want to eat it, or prep it the night before so all you have to do is bake it in the morning. I developed this recipe as part of the Allrecipes Allstars Tastemakers program. Rate, review, and photograph my Ham and Cheese Overnight Breakfast Casserole recipe on Allrecipes here, see the full ham and cheese brunch bake recipe below (along with variation tips and instructions for prepping this ham, egg, and cheese breakfast casserole the night before), or click the Jump to Recipe button at the top of the post if you’re ready to get cooking.
More breakfast casserole recipes for busy mornings
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls French Toast Bake
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole (Quick and Easy Cinnamon Roll Bake)
- Sheet Pan Pancakes Recipe (the Genius Breakfast Hack you need in your Life)
How to make this as an overnight ham, egg, and cheese casserole
If you want to save time in the morning, this ham, egg, and cheese casserole can be prepped the day before and refrigerated overnight. To make this an overnight ham and cheese breakfast casserole, assemble the casserole in the baking dish, then cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Remove the foil and bake as directed the next morning.
Variation options for this ham and cheese brunch bake
For a change up to this ham, egg, and cheese breakfast casserole, you can substituted crumbled cooked bacon, breakfast sausage, or a combination of meats. You can also experiment by adding different cheeses and your favorite breakfast vegetables.
Here’s how to make this egg bake with English muffins! Please leave a rating if you enjoy our Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole recipe as much as we do.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
This delicious and easy breakfast casserole is a great way to use leftover cooked ham, but you can substitute cooked bacon to change it up. You can also make it the night before so all you have to do is bake it in the morning.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 medium English muffins, split
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound cooked ham, diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange English muffin halves in a single layer in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard in a bowl until well combined. Pour egg mixture over English muffins in the baking dish. Sprinkle chopped ham and 1 cup Cheddar cheese on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set, 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and chopped green onions. Slice and serve.
To make this an overnight ham and cheese breakfast casserole, assemble the casserole in the baking dish, then cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Remove the foil and bake as directed the next morning.
Leave a Reply