I partnered with Paramount+ to create this Secret Headquarters At-Home Watch Party. The opinions are my own. This post also contains some affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission.
What are your plans for the weekend? I’ve got an idea for you: watch the new family-friendly movie Secret Headquarters starring Owen Wilson, available exclusively on Paramount+ starting today (click here to watch the official trailer)! To make your viewing of this fun, funny, and action-packed movie even more awesome, I’m sharing easy ideas for a fabulous Secret Headquarters At-Home Watch Party! The whole family will love this one!
About Secret Headquarters
Get ready for some fun and adventure the whole family will enjoy! While hanging out after school, Charlie and his friends discover the headquarters of the world’s most powerful superhero hidden beneath his home. When villains attack, they must team up to defend the headquarters and save the world.
Paramount Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films present the heartwarming and action-packed summer family film which, in addition to Owen Wilson, also stars Walker Scobell (“The Adam Project”), Jesse Williams (“Grey’s Anatomy”), Keith L. Williams (“Good Boys”), Momona Tamada (“The Baby-Sitters Club”), and Michael Peña (“NARCOS: Mexico), Abby James Witherspoon (“Hot Pursuit”) and Kezii Curtis. Secret Headquarters is directed by Henry Joost & Ariel Schulman (“Project Power,” “Nerve,” “Catfish”), with story by Christopher Yost, and screenplay by Christopher Yost, Josh Koenigsberg and Henry Joost & Ariel Schulman.
Click here to see the official trailer, and watch Secret Headquarters exclusively on Paramount+ starting today!
Overall Secret Headquarters Party Theme Inspiration
There are so many fun visuals in this movie, so we decided to lean into the movie’s techie, “sci-fi man cave” (actual quote from the movie) aesthetic to inspire our food and decorations. The color scheme was a tech-centric palette of black, blue, silver, and gold. We also included a lot of hexagon shapes to mimic The Guard’s uniform and the shape in which many of the superpowers presented.
Secret Headquarters Watch Party Food Ideas
In the movie, The Guard’s powers come from contact with an alien power source, which you see throughout the film. These yummy cake pops are inspired by how the power source looks.
What you need:
- Boxed cake mix (plus eggs, oil, and/or any other ingredients required to make the cake)
- Prepared cake frosting
- Cake pop sticks
- Black candy melts
- Gold sugar sprinkles
- Optional: cake pop stand
To make them:
- Bake the sheet cake per package directions and let cool completely. After cooling, crumble into fine crumbs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add a few heaping spoonfuls of prepared frosting to the bowl and stir into the cake crumbs. Mix until the cake sticks together (so it can be formed into balls) but without being overly wet, adding more frosting if necessary. You shouldn’t need more than half the can of frosting.
- Roll the cake mixture into balls and place on waxed paper. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours.
- After the balls have chilled, pour candy melts into a mug, filling most of the way, and microwave per package directions to melt them. Allow the melted candy to cool for a few minutes.
- One by one, dip the tip of a cake pop stick into the melted candy, then insert into a cake ball (about halfway into the ball). Let sit while you repeat with the other cake balls and sticks. If you have a cake pop stand, it’s helpful to use it to keep the sticks upright during the next steps.
- After the candy on the stick has dried, dip each ball, one by one, into the melted candy. Carefully swipe excess candy coating off the balls on the edge of the mug. While still wet, sprinkle generously with the sugar sprinkles. Repeat with the remaining cake balls.
- Allow to harden and serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Treat Trays with Foods Inspired by Secret Headquarters Powers
The tech and powers in this movie are so fun that we needed to celebrate them by creating some themed treats that we served on black serving trays.
- Berger’s Teleportation Rings (mini chocolate donuts)
- Maya’s Shield Cupcakes (cupcakes topped with a hexagon pattern cut from black and blue fondant using these cookie cutters)
- Lizzie’s Flying Cookies (sugar cookies cut into a hexagon pattern using these cookie cutters, then dusted with silver edible glitter spray)
- Charlie’s Baseballs (Rice Krispies treats cut into circles and decorated with laces piped on using red candy melts)
These will all make more sense once you see the movie!
“Big Mac” Bites and “DJ Impossible Berger” Bites
These references may not make sense until you watch the movie, but trust me when I say that these adorable little burger bites are delicious and perfectly on-theme! Get the recipe and instructions for making these Tater Tot Mini Cheeseburger Bites here. I made half with beef and half with Impossible Burger meat.
Mini DiGiorno Pizzas
You’ll get this hilarious reference after watching the movie, but who doesn’t love pizza for a movie night?
“Pop Secret” Popcorn Cups
Is it even a movie night without popcorn? Serve individual portions of popcorn in blue mini popcorn boxes. You can buy prepared flavored popcorn or pop your own at home. Check out some of my favorite home-popped popcorn seasoning recipes here and here.
For beverages, we wrapped water bottles with labels that matched the hexagon party motif. Get the link to the free printable water bottle labels at the end of this post.
At-Home Secret Headquarters Movie Watch Party Decorations
Backdrop and Food Table
For the primary party décor, we set up a backdrop and food station in the party color scheme with some fun techie touches. Here’s what we used:
- Black and gold glitter bokeh backdrop
- Curtain string lights layered in front of the backdrop
- Black sheer curtains layered in front of the lights layer
- Black tablecloth
- Black food trays
We love how this all came together! The flashing lights were a subtle yet high-impact touch. If you want to take this backdrop to the next level, add a border or arch of dark blue and gold balloons from a kit like this.
Command Station Sign
So that it looks like it’s been found in a secret lair, we called the food table the “Command Station.” Get the link to the free printable at the end of this post.
We also included coordinating food signs in the same theme. Get the link to the free printables at the end of this post.
Activities for a Secret Headquarters Watch Party
Watch Secret Headquarters
Of course, the main activity for an at-home watch party is to watch the movie! Stream Secret Headquarters now, exclusively on Paramount+.
Find Your Secret Hero Name Game
The movie was full of cool and funny/punny nicknames. I thought it would be fun to create our own secret hero names in the same theme, so I created this simple but fun game to Find Your Secret Hero Name. Click here for the free printable game.
Secret Headquarters At-Home Watch Party Printables
All of the printables that you see pictured in today’s post are available to download for free. Get the FREE Secret Headquarters At-Home Watch Party Printables at the following links:
- Command Station Food Table Sign
- Blank Tent Card Food Signs
- Water Bottle Labels
- Choose Your Secret Hero Name Game
I hope this inspires you to have your own fabulous Secret Headquarters watch party! Grab your family and friends and stream Secret Headquarters on Paramount+ tonight!
Leave a Reply