If you know me by now, you know I love to keep food interesting! Now that I work from home, I get to spend the whole summer with my husband and kids. I want it to be fun, so I’ve been trying to think of easy ways to stay out of the food rut. One super easy summer snack (or party appetizer) idea to kick the fun up a notch are these mini cheeseburger bites. They are not only easy to make, but super delicious, too! Using tater tots as the ‘buns’ adds a flavorful crispness to these bite-size burgers.
Looking for more party appetizer ideas? Check out my Crock Pot Party Meatballs, these Quick and Easy Low-Carb Party Appetizers (All with Four Ingredients or Less!), and these Latin-inspired Pear Bacon Queso Bites.
Here’s the Tater Tot Mini Cheeseburger Bites recipe!
Tater Tot Mini Cheeseburger Bites
Looking for something different to cook for a tailgate or cookout? Tater Tot Mini Cheeseburger Bites are fun for the whole family! They are not only adorable, but also easy to make and super delicious! Using tater tots as the ‘buns’ adds a flavorful crispness to these bite-size burgers.
- Bag of frozen tater tots
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Hamburger dill pickle chips
- Cook tater tots in the oven according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mix together ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and minced onion in a bowl until well combined. Form into little patties slightly larger than the width of a tater tot (since they will get smaller as they cook).
- Cook the little burgers in a skillet or frying pan, flipping occasionally, until browned on both sides and cooked to your desired doneness.
- Cut cheddar cheese slices into 9 little squares (make two slices vertically and two slices horizontally to create 9 equally-sized squares). Top mini burgers each with a square of cheese, and allow them to melt over the burgers.
- Assemble the mini cheeseburgers by adding ketchup to the top of a tater tot, then adding the cheeseburger patty on top, followed by a pickle chip and another tater tot. Lightly squeeze the stack together and secure with a toothpick.
Trust me, your family and friends will LOVE these! Definitely pin this post, and comment below to let me know what you think when you make them!
More posts like this:
- Quick and Easy Low-Carb Party Appetizers (All with Four Ingredients or Less!)
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs
- Easy Tailgate Recipe: Brown Sugar BBQ Mini Sausages
- Quick and Easy Appetizer Recipe: Pear Bacon Queso Bites
- Granddaddy’s Garlic Lovers Clam Dip Recipe
- Creative Hot Dog Bar Toppings and Combos for your next Cookout
- Quick and easy party appetizers using Pretzel Crisps
- Super Easy Football Party Food Ideas
- Recipes for Planning the Ultimate HomeGate Football Game Watching Party
- Brilliant Camping-Themed Party Ideas: Easy Party Food, Favors, and Free Printables!
- 15 Fun and Adorable Holiday Party Treats
- Heart Everything: Heart-Shaped Food for Every Valentine’s Day Meal
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Ideas (Perfect for a St. Paddy’s Day Party)
Elizabeth McCoy says
These look yummy and i’ll make them for Superbowl . Approximately how many does it make ?
Ramona Cruz-Peters says
They are so fun! Off hand I can’t remember exactly how many of these a pound of hamburger makes… it really depends on how big you make make your mini patties. My guess is around 18, give or take. Next time I make them I will update the recipe to be more specific.