This is my most requested party recipe. People go crazy for these meatballs, and there is never a single one leftover at the end of a party or tailgate. They were even featured in Allrecipes Magazine! The best thing about this recipe (aside from it being delicious) is that it is sooo easy to make!
Crock Pot Party Meatballs recipe
1 35 oz. bag of frozen, cooked, meatballs
1 jar of chili sauce
1 can of whole berry cranberry sauce
Tabasco or Louisiana Brand pepper sauce (to taste)
- Dump the bag of meatballs (still frozen) into a Crock Pot or slow cooker.
- Dump in the entire jar of chili sauce and the entire can of cranberry sauce.
- Squeeze the juice from the entire lemon into the slow cooker.
- Add several drops of hot sauce at the heat level you prefer (if you want the “kick” to be subtle or strong).
- Stir it all together so that the ingredients are somewhat consistently distributed.
- Set the slow cooker to high, and let cook for approximately 3 hours (or until meatballs are completely thawed and nice and hot), stirring occasionally. Note: depending on how lean (or not lean) your meatballs are, you may have to skim some oil from the top towards the end of the cooking time.