I’ve been experimenting with recipe development for my air fryer over the last few weeks. See last week’s recipe for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tots, check out all air fryer recipes here, and check out this article on air frying vs. deep frying, and stay tuned for more new recipes for the air fryer in the coming weeks. Today I am sharing a recipe for air fryer fried pickles (along with a spicy Sriracha mayo dipping sauce). These are a much lighter alternative to regular fried pickles, but still turned out crispy and delicious! I developed this recipe as part of the Allrecipes Allstars Tastemakers program. Rate, review, and photograph my recipe for Air Fryer Fried Pickles on Allrecipes here, and see the full recipe along with some of my cooking tips below.
The Sriracha mayo dipping sauce is super easy, and only has two ingredients (Sriracha sauce and mayonnaise). See the recommended ratio of ingredients in the recipe below, but you can always reduce the Sriracha by half if you like a less spicy dipping sauce.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it is quick! The secret is in the shortcut of using pre-sliced dill pickle chips.
To keep the breading on so it gets nice and crispy, I recommend using paper towels to dry the pickle chips off before breading them.
You will likely need to do these in two or three batches depending on the size of your air fryer basket.
Here’s the recipe! Let me know if you try it and how it turns out!
For the Sriracha Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
For the Pickle Chips
- 1 (16-ounce) jar dill pickle chips
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Mix mayonnaise and sriracha sauce together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Drain pickles and dry them on paper towels.
- Mix egg and milk together in a bowl. Mix flour, cornmeal, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper together in another bowl.
- Dip pickle chips in egg mixture, then in flour mixture, coating both sides and lightly pressing flour mixture into chips.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place pickle chips in the basket in a single layer; split into 2 batches if necessary.
- Cook for 4 minutes; carefully flip chips. Cook until desired brownness, about 4 minutes more. Serve with sriracha mayo.
You can reduce the sriracha sauce to 1 tablespoon if you like a milder sauce.
I developed this recipe as part of the Allrecipes Allstars Tastemakers program. Rate, review, and photograph the recipe, and see nutritional information on the Allrecipes website here.
More easy air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tots Recipe
- Guilt-Free Air Fryer Ranch Zucchini Chips Recipe
- Lighter Air Fryer Fried Pickles with Sriracha Mayo Recipe
- Air Fryer Tostones (Fried Green Plantain Chips) recipe
- Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Sriracha Mayo
- Beef Wontons Recipe (including an air fryer variation)
- Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken (full tandoori chicken recipe)
- Mini Air Fryer Cherry Hand Pies
- Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies (blueberry mini pies)
- Air Fryer Fall-Spiced Apple Fritters (easy air-fried apple fritters)