As you may have noticed, I’ve been doing a lot of experimenting with recipe development for my air fryer lately (see my recent Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tots and my Air Fryer Fried Pickles recipes). Today I am sharing a recipe for air fryer ranch zucchini chips. I am a ranch dressing lover, so anything with a ranch flavor is totally my jam (er, my dip?). Ranch dressing gives these breaded air fryer zucchini chips a zesty flavor. Cooking zucchini chips in the air fryer gives you the crispiness, but not the guilt, of traditional frying. Serve with ranch dressing to dip, if desired. I developed this recipe as part of the Allrecipes Allstars Tastemakers program. Rate, review, and photograph my recipe for Guilt-Free Air Fryer Ranch Zucchini Chips on Allrecipes here, and see the full recipe along with some of my cooking tips below.
If you’re looking for more air fryer inspo, check out my other air fryer recipes here, and you can also see air frying tips and more easy recipes in this old post of mine on air frying vs. deep frying.
How to make air fryer zucchini chips
I start by cutting the zucchini with a mandolin slicer so they are of even thickness. This helps them to cook up evenly in the air fryer. After slicing, there is a three step dipping process: first, a flour dredge; next, a coat of ranch dressing; finally, a dip into a crispy bread crumb mixture.
I place the coated pieces on wax paper while prepping the rest. Then I air fry them in batches so they can cook in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
After air frying, serve them with (wait for it) more ranch dressing as a dipping sauce. The air fryer zucchini chips are soft on the inside, crispy on the outside! Yum!
Here’s the air fryer zucchini chips recipe! If you try zucchini chips in the air fryer, let me know how it turns out!
Guilt-Free Air Fryer Ranch Zucchini Chips
Ranch dressing gives these breaded air fryer zucchini chips a zesty flavor. Cooking zucchini chips in the air fryer gives you the crispiness, but not the guilt, of traditional frying. Serve with ranch dressing to dip, if desired.
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour ranch dressing into a bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder in a third bowl.
- Dredge each piece of zucchini in flour mixture and then dip into ranch dressing, coating both sides and shaking off excess dressing. Dip into bread crumb mixture next, pressing the breading lightly onto each zucchini chip.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, then place breaded zucchini chips in the basket in a single layer. Cook until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining zucchini chips.
More easy and delicious air fryer recipes:
- Lighter Air Fryer Fried Pickles with Sriracha Mayo Recipe
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Tots Recipe – A Tasty, Lighter Cooking Alternative
- Air Fryer Tostones (Fried Green Plantain Chips) recipe
- Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Sriracha Mayo
- Beef Wontons Recipe (including an air fryer variation)
- Mini Air Fryer Cherry Hand Pies
- Are air fryers worth it? Air frying vs. deep frying + easy air fryer recipes
Omg these Ranch Zucchini Chips look super tasty. I also love how easy they are to make.
Lakesha Gadson Holloway says
I keep hearing how good zucchini chips are. I may be able to get my husband to eat it this way. 😉
Evelyn Hernandez says
We recently got an Air Fryer and it is just amazing the recipes you can create and all guilt free!
These sound so yummy! I enjoy making new dishes especially when summer vegetables are so readily available.
Catherine Santiago - Jose says
Wow, that looks so delicious and so easy to prepare a dish I will do this for my kids.
Joanna Davis says
I love zucchini prepared this way. I used to eat them a lot when I was a child. We used to make a yogurt dip for them.
Chloe Webb says
These look absolutely delicious and like they're easy to make. I would definitely like to try these once I am back in the states.
TheSocial Nubian says
I was thinking about baking over the weekend with the kids. I guess I know what is on the weekend list. Thank you for providing and sharing this detail information.
Monidipa Dutta says
This Ranch Zucchini Chips looks so delicious. They are also easy to make. I would definitely try to make it this weekend. Thanks for sharing.
Nikki Townsend-Hopkins says
These zucchini chips look delicious. I told my husband that I wanted to get an air fryer so reading this post makes me really want to get one even more now I think I may be on my way to target LOL.
Natalia A says
These Zuchini Chips sound and look delicious! I do a similar version in my oven, but I have to take a closer look to an air fryer it looks really handy!
Cia Black says
These are amazing, We make them at least once a week. The kids gobble them up and always ask for more.
These look amazing and air frying food is so much healthier.
Clare L says
What a great idea for a healthy snack! I love an air fryer it is a real game changer when it comes to a healthy lifestyle.