When you’re watching your carbs, the cravings can be REAL. Pizza is one of those things I always find myself craving when I’m lowering my carbohydrate intake. Today I’m sharing a delicious new keto pizza recipe to help you tackle those cravings without the guilt! It’s a Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pizza. This hearty, meaty low carb pizza is super satisfying, whether you are on a keto or low-carb diet or not! Use your favorite ready-made or homemade keto pizza crust to make it.
Want more keto and low carb recipes? Click these links to see more of my low-carb recipes and keto recipes (including my popular Keto Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumble recipe – you seriously need this in your life if you’re keto).
I developed this low carb pizza recipe as part of the Allrecipes Allstars Tastemakers program. Rate, review, and photograph my recipe for Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pizza on Allrecipes here, and see the full recipe along with some of my cooking tips below. You can also Jump to Recipe now if you’re ready to get cooking.
How to make a low carb Philly cheeseteak pizza
Start by placing sirloin steak (you can also substitute ribeye steak if preferred) in the freezer about 30 minutes before it is needed. This will help you to cut the meat nice and thin when the time comes.
Melt some butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add thinly sliced onion, season with salt, and saute, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet along with strips of bell pepper and sliced baby bella mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms and bell pepper are tender (about 8 minutes). Remove the vegetables from the skillet and set aside. Clean the skillet and allow it to cool down.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Remove your steak from the freezer and slice it into very thin slices (this is much easier to do when the steak is partially frozen). Season the steak with freshly cracked salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
Add 2 more tablespoons of oil to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Drop the seasoned steak pieces into the hot oil and sauté until the meat is no longer pink (about 5 minutes). Remove the steak from the skillet and drain any drippings.
Place 2 pizza crusts (your favorite ready-made or homemade keto or low-carb pizza crusts) on pieces of foil or baking sheets, depending on their weight. Spread about 1/4 cup of sour cream over each keto pizza crust, then sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of shredded Parmesan cheese. Top each crust evenly with the steak, followed by the vegetable mixture. Top the pizzas with strips of Provolone cheese. Cooking some cheese on top of the pizza this way will help them to seal the toppings down as they melt.
Bake your low carb pizzas in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted nicely and the edges of the crust are brown (about 10 minutes).
Slice and serve! Look at this low-guilt goodness…
Here’s the keto pizza recipe! Enjoy~
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||30 minutes|
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
- pinch garlic powder or to taste
- 2 12-inch prepared keto pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices provolone cheese cut into strips
- Place the steak in the freezer about 30 minutes before it is needed.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, season with salt, and saute, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet along with bell pepper and mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms and bell pepper are tender, about 8 minutes. Remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside. Clean the skillet and allow it to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Remove steak from the freezer and slice into very thin slices. Season steak with freshly cracked salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Drop seasoned steak pieces into the hot oil and sauté until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove steak from the skillet and drain any drippings.
- Place 2 pizza crusts on pieces of foil or baking sheets, depending on their weight. Spread about 1/4 cup sour cream over each crust. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Top each crust evenly with steak, followed by vegetable mixture. Top pizzas with Provolone cheese pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted nicely and the edges of the crust are brown, about 10 minutes.
You can substitute ribeye steak if preferred.
Linda Felix says
Where can I buy the Keto pizza crust? I live in Colorado Springs Colorado.
Ramona Cruz-Peters says
Realgood Foods and Caulipower have cauliflower-based pizza crusts in the frozen section of several stores. Though they are not always keto (low-carb but not necessarily keto-friendly). I also see some that you can buy online here: https://amzn.to/2FXGKCa. It’s a lot more work, but you can also make your own homemade keto crust if all else fails.