This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyFavoriteRolls #SistersWalmart #SisterSchuberts
Today is the 11-week mark for our school year, meaning it’s about the time of the school year when we get into the lunch rut. We like to try and keep lunch time exciting, but at the same time, I need easy solutions. Ease is even more important this year as I’m working from home and helping facilitate virtual learning for my two sons at the same time. I have learned that lunch prep is key during busy work and distance learning weeks. My boys’ lunch breaks are staggered, so grab-and-go solutions are what has worked best. Today I’m sharing a delicious make-ahead Pull Apart Pizza Rolls recipe that is the perfect pre-prepped, grab-and-go lunch. These are so quick and easy to prep with Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls. Made on a sheet pan in advance, you can pull apart and grab what you need for lunches throughout the week.
Why do we love Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls? The number one reason is their real homemade taste everyday. You know that I always look for ways to balance quality with time-saving convenience, and Sister Schubert’s® helps me do just that. Going way beyond the holiday meal, these dinner rolls are a busy parent’s dream for any meal, any time of year. Quick to prep (oven to table in only 5-10 minutes!), made with simple, real ingredients, a delicious flavor and buttery homemade taste… how can you not love them? Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls are also very versatile. Serve them as a lunch or dinner side, broken or crumbled as an ingredient in recipes, or for easy pre-prepped sandwiches when you are getting into the lunch rut. Or, like today’s Pull Apart Pizza Rolls recipe, you can make a whole meal out of them!
I get Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls at my local Walmart in the freezer section (also available for Walmart Online Grocery Pickup). Click here to add them to your Walmart grocery cart now.
I’ve got the full recipe at the bottom of this post, but here are a few tips to help you make these Pull Apart Pizza Rolls to perfection.
Preheat your oven to 350° F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls from their packaging (while still frozen) and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet. Note: I use two 10-count packages of rolls so that I can prep these for several days’ worth of lunches, but you can easily halve the recipe if you need a smaller quantity.
Bake the rolls in the pre-heated oven for 3 minutes, then remove from the oven to let cool slightly.
After the rolls have cooled enough to handle, cut them in half horizontally. Place the bottom halves back on the baking sheet in a single layer with the edges touching. Having the rolls against each other not only makes prep quick and easy, but it’s also what gives you the ability to pull them apart later. Otherwise you’d be making individual pizza rolls, which are still good, but less efficient (and we’re trying to save time!).
Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese in an even layer on top of the rolls. Unlike when making a pizza, you don’t want to put the sauce on directly on the bread first when you are making these Pull Apart Pizza Rolls to cook ahead. By starting with a layer of cheese, these will last longer in the refrigerator, as the cheese will prevent the sauce from soaking into the rolls.
After your first cheese layer, spoon the pizza sauce over the mozzarella…
… then arrange the pepperoni slices on top of the sauce.
Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the pepperoni (again, this will seal the sauce and pepperoni filling inside which works better for refrigerating and re-heating), then place the top halves of the rolls on top so that they line up evenly with the bottom rolls. It is important to line the roll tops with the bottoms so that they pull apart easily when you’re ready to serve them.
Next, stir together melted butter, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt in a small bowl.
Brush the seasoned butter mixture on the top of the rolls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tops of the rolls are browned.
You can serve these Pull Apart Pizza Rolls immediately, or if you’re making them ahead to serve later, allow them to cool before refrigerating. Then when you’re ready to serve them, pull off the desired number of rolls and reheat in the microwave until the cheese is melted again.
Yummy and pleasing for the whole family!
Don’t forget to look for Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls the next time you’re at Walmart!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 (10-count) packages Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 3 ounces pepperoni slices
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the Sister Schubert’s® Dinner Yeast Rolls from packaging and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven to let cool.
- After the rolls have cooled enough to handle, cut them in half horizontally. Place the bottom halves back on the baking sheet in a single layer with the edges touching.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese in an even layer on top of the rolls. Spoon the pizza sauce over the mozzarella cheese, then arrange the pepperoni slices on top of the sauce. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the pepperoni, then place the top halves of the rolls on top so that they line up evenly with the bottom rolls.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt. Brush the seasoned butter mixture on the top of the rolls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tops of the rolls are browned.
- Serve immediately, or if making ahead to serve later allow to cool before refrigerating. Pull off desired number of rolls and reheat when ready to serve.
Leave a Reply