The hubs and I have a tradition of making dinner at home for Valentine’s Day. There are lots of benefits to doing it this way. First, you beat the waits and crowds at local restaurants. Second, you save a lot of money by preparing your meal at home (which frees up money for things like our next vacation). Third, cooking and food are very romantic, and being in the comfort of your own home adds to this. But Valentine’s Day isn’t just another weeknight home-cooked dinner for us like my other easy recipes. We always step it up a notch by making more of a gourmet meal, with more courses than we’d make on an average night. Even then, we still save a ton of money compared to the more expensive prix fixe meals many restaurants serve on V-Day.
If you’re looking for romantic Valentine’s dinner ideas, today I am sharing three of our favorite romantic Valentine dinner menu ideas that we have made at home for Valentine’s Day in recent years. I hope these inspire your own romantic Valentine’s dinner at home!
Fab Everyday Valentine’s Dinner Menu One: Lighter Gourmet
- Appetizer: Onion Soup with Cheese Crostini (Cooking Light)
- Entrée: Fennel-Rosemary-Crusted Lamb (Cooking Light)
- Starch Side: Truffled Polenta (Cooking Light)
- Veggie Side: Spicy-Sweet Pepper Medley (Cooking Light)
- Dessert: Honey Crème Brûlée with Raspberries (Cooking Light)
Fab Everyday Valentine’s Dinner Menu Two: Rich and Comforting
- Appetizer: Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms (Julia’s Album)
- Entrée: Big Sexy Steaks with Tarragon Mushrooms (Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
- Side: Mushroom Risotto (A Family Feast)
- Dessert: Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait (Hip Foodie Mom)
Fab Everyday Valentine’s Dinner Menu Three: Truffle Decadence
- Appetizer: Gorgonzola-Walnut Bruschetta with Truffle Oil (Foolproof Living)
- Entrée: Best Truffle Mac and Cheese (Meg O. On the Go)
- Side: Grilled Corn with Truffle Oil, Chilli, and Parmesan (Finger, Fork & Knife)
- Dessert: Easy Chocolate Truffles (Martha Stewart)
What are your favorite romantic meals to make at home? Comment below… maybe I’ll try one this Valentine’s Day!
[…] Day meals. For more Valentine’s Day food and cooking inspiration, check out this post with three Valentine’s Day dinner menu ideas, but today’s post is dedicated to […]