This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.
It’s that time of year – celebrations galore! I love all the neighborhood parties, office holiday events, family gatherings, and annual gift exchanges with friends. It’s all very merry, but it can also come with its share of stress trying to figure out the different outfits to wear, host gifts to bring, and food to prepare. Since food is a critical component of a good fete, I like to find something unique to serve or bring that isn’t just the same-old, same-old… but as a busy, working mom, I also need to find something that is easy to make! Today I’m sharing just the thing – a delicious new take on holiday stuffing, made better with Smithfield Bacon (because what isn’t better with bacon??)!
Smoked-to-perfection Smithfield Bacon will never fail to please a crowd, whether it’s the office pot luck or my hungry family. It’s so versatile that it can be used in some way in any meal of the day, not just breakfast! And Smithfield Bacon is available in a variety of flavors and styles (such as Cherrywood Thick Cut or the classic Hometown Original), so the choices for recipes using Smithfield are seemingly endless.
Stuffing is a staple for holiday meals, but I wanted a stuffing recipe that wouldn’t just sit on the sidelines… I wanted it to be unforgettable! Enter my Smithfield Bacon-Wrapped Stuffing Balls! Bonus – it’s easy enough for any level of cooking skill!
Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon-Wrapped Stuffing Balls recipe
- 2 boxes seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup margarine or butter
- Vegetable oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ a medium onion, diced
- 1 pack Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare stuffing with water and butter according to package directions; set aside.
- Sauté celery and onions in oil over medium-high heat until vegetables just start to soften, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix stuffing and vegetables together in a large mixing bowl.
- When stuffing has cooled, form into 10 3” balls. Wrap each ball with one piece of Smithfield Bacon, securing with a toothpick.
- Place balls on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the bacon is crisped to your liking, rotating the baking sheet approximately halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove toothpicks and move stuffing balls to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh sage and/or cranberries if desired.
Visit Smithfield’s Holiday Hub for even more holiday meal inspiration.