Looking for vegan jalapeno recipes? You’ll love the Vegan Jalapeno Poppers recipe I am sharing today! These savory vegan stuffed jalapeno poppers are a great plant-based party or game day appetizer. Diced mushrooms add a “meaty” addition with the absence of bacon, and vegan cheese substitutes keep this appetizer vegan and vegetarian. You’ll want to pin this vegan stuffed jalapenos recipe, whether you are on a plant-based diet or not.
I developed this vegan cream cheese jalapeno poppers recipe as part of the Allrecipes Allstars Tastemakers program. Rate, review, and photograph my recipe for Vegan Jalapeno Poppers on Allrecipes here, or keep reading to see the full recipe at the bottom of this post along with some of my cooking tips below.
How to make vegan stuffed jalapenos
Set the halves of 12 seeded jalapeño peppers (for a total of 24 halves) on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, open side up, and preheat an oven to 375 degrees F. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add finely diced mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the skillet and sauté until the vegetables are tender and the mushrooms have released their liquid (about 8 minutes). Transfer the vegetables to a paper towel-lined plate to soak up the excess moisture from the mushrooms.
In a bowl, mix the mushroom mixture with an 8-ounce tub of softened vegan cream cheese substitute (I’m a fan of Miyoko’s Creamery cream cheese substitute), 3/4 cup shredded vegan cheese substitute, salt, and pepper. Spoon this mixture into the jalapeño pepper halves on the baking sheet. Transfer the vegan stuffed jalapenos to the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, remove the vegan jalapeno poppers from the oven and top them with the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese substitute. Place under a preheated broiler and cook until the cheese is melted and slightly browned (1 to 2 minutes).
Here’s the full vegan jalapeno poppers recipe! Enjoy, and don’t forget to rate and review.
- 12 medium jalapeno peppers, sliced in half and seeded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 8-ounce package button mushrooms, finely diced
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8-ounce tub vegan cream cheese substitute, softened
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese substitute, divided
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Set jalapeño halves on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, open side up.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the skillet and sauté until vegetables are tender and mushrooms have released their liquid, about 8 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a paper towel-lined plate to soak up the excess moisture.
- Mix mushroom mixture, cream cheese substitute, 3/4 cup shredded cheese substitute, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Spoon into the jalapeño pepper halves on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese substitute. Place the tray under a preheated broiler and broil until the cheese is melted and slightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
More plant-based recipes like these vegan stuffed jalapeno poppers:
- Easy Vegan Breakfast Tacos
- Coach Nik’s Guacamole (the best easy guacamole recipe)
- One-Pan Southwest Quinoa
- Vegan Spaghetti and (Beyond) Meatballs
- Low-Carb Vegan Coconut Curry
- Better-Than-Boxed Vegan, Gluten-Free Stuffing
- Three-Ingredient Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan Fudge Bites
- Vegan Snickerdoodles (dairy-free snickerdoodles recipe)
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread (eggless, dairy-free zucchini bread recipe)