I have been sharing about our journey to seek some family and personal history in the U.K. We began in London, spent the weekend in the countryside in Devon, drove through Wales, spent a few days in Liverpool and Manchester, and explored the Scottish Highlands (including searching for Nessie at Loch Ness). Today, I am sharing the next chapter, about our brief time in Edinburgh. Since we had our 5- and 8-year-old sons with us, and since we found Edinburgh to be so family-friendly, today’s post focuses specifically on what we did with the kids during our short trip there. In the next few weeks I will share the full itinerary and final details and recommendations from our U.K. road trip, so stay tuned!
Edinburgh Dungeon. If you have older kids, the Edinburgh Dungeon is an unforgettable experience (though it is a little too spooky for kids as young as ours).
If you have more time, then check out this article for several other great ideas for things to do with the kids in Edinburgh.
I wish we had more time in this city… It has a great vibe, and as we shared, we felt very welcome with our kids. We will just have to go back for longer next time.
- The Ultimate UK Road Trip Itinerary – Driving Tour of England, Scotland, and Wales with the Family
- Connecting with my family and personal history in the U.K.
- A Romantic Long Weekend in London
- Fabulous Things to Do in London with Kids
- A Weekend in Devon, England
- One-Day Road Trip Through Wales – Seeking Ancient Ruins, Dragons, and Castles
- What to Do in Liverpool and Manchester with Kids
- Discovering the Beauty of Scotland’s Highlands
- Family Travel Bucket List: Hunting for the Loch Ness Monster in Scotland
More Like This:
- Fab Everyday Travel – Road Trips
- What to do during a long layover in Iceland: Blue Lagoon + DIY Golden Circle driving tour
- Everything you need to plan a romantic vacation in Paris that will stay with you for a lifetime
- Travel Style: What to Wear for a Vacation in Paris, France
- Fab Everyday’s Loire Valley Travel Guide – Your Resource for a Vacation in France’s Château Country
- Scenic Loire Valley Chateaux Driving Route from Paris to Amboise
- Road Trip Through Ireland
- Driving the Ring of Kerry
- What To Do on A Long Layover in Amsterdam
- Two days in Stockholm, Sweden in winter (with the kids!)
- Visiting Sweden’s Icehotel and Touring Swedish Lapland with Kids
- One Day in Finland – What to Do with Kids during a Quick Trip to Helsinki