Now that the new season is upon us, I’m sharing some fall cupcake decorating ideas! Because I love keeping my ideas beginner friendly, these festive fall cupcake ideas don’t require any special decorating skills, and most of the supplies needed are easily available from Wilton, Amazon, and your local grocery store. Because of the variety of the fall decorated cupcakes I’m sharing today, they’re perfect for lots of fall occasions, like apple picking, holiday meal desserts, seasonal parties and potlucks, teacher gifts, or just whenever you want some cute cupcake decorating ideas for fall! The fall themed cupcake decorating ideas include pumpkin cupcake decorating ideas (it wouldn’t be a fall cupcake decorations round-up without a pumpkin cupcake decoration), easy fall leaf cupcakes, apple decorated cupcakes (cupcakes decorated like apples), and a pecan pie cupcakes decoration. You’re going to want to pin these easy fall cupcake decorations for use all season long.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. This does not cost you anything extra.
More easy cupcake decoration inspiration like these fall cupcake ideas
- 8 Easy Cupcake Decorating Ideas
- Easy Spring Cupcake Decorating Ideas
- Easy DIY Cupcake Toppers
- DIY Edible Cupcake Toppers
Pumpkin Cupcake Decorating Ideas
There are a lot of different variations for pumpkin cupcake decorating ideas online, so I wanted to think of something a little different. I decided on a simple pumpkin cupcake decoration that uses green candy melts to create a pumpkin stem and vines. I love how these cupcakes decorated like pumpkins turned out! Here’s how to make these easy fall cupcake decorations.
What you need for this pumpkin cupcake decoration:
- Orange frosting
- Green candy melts
- Wax or parchment paper
- Pretzel sticks
- Icing bag with couplers and a fine tip, or a plastic zipper bag with the corner snipped off
How to make cupcakes decorated like pumpkins:
- Start by mixing orange food coloring into frosting, then frost the cupcake.
- Dip pretzel sticks into melted green candy melts, then let dry on wax or parchment paper.
- Using an icing bag or a plastic bag with a corner snipped off, pipe little swirls onto the paper, and let dry to harden.
- Insert the pretzel stick into the top of the cupcake, then add the swirl to look like pumpkin vines.
Fall Leaf Cupcakes
One of my favorite of these easy fall cupcake decorating ideas are these fall leaf cupcakes. Using candy melts and a silicone mold along with a simple trick make these fall leaf cupcake decorations much easier to make than you might think, with a cool realistic look to the fall leaves cupcake topper.
What you need to make these fall leaf cupcake decorations:
How to make easy fall leaf cupcakes:
- Start by mixing yellow food coloring into frosting, then frost the cupcake.
- In a maple leaf-shaped mold, add some melted red candy melts and some melted orange candy melts. Use a toothpick to lightly swirl the colors together without blending them completely.
- Once hardened, remove the leaves from the mold and place on top of the cupcake.
Apple Decorated Cupcakes
What would you do with cupcakes decorated like apples? Apple decorated cupcakes are fun after a day of apple picking, but they also make great teacher gifts! If you’re looking for apple cupcake decorating ideas or cupcake decorating ideas for fall, this apple cupcake decoration is so easy even the kids can help.
What you need to make this apple cupcake decoration:
How to make cupcakes decorated like apples:
- Start by mixing red food coloring into frosting.
- Add frosting to the top of the cupcakes in a big mound.
- Pour red sugar sprinkles or sanding sugar into a small dish, and roll the tops of the cupcakes into the sugar to cover the frosting completely.
- Melt green candy melts according to package directions, and spoon some into small leaf-shaped molds, then let harden.
- Add a pretzel stick into the top of the cupcake to look like a stem, then add the green candy leaf.
Pecan Pie Cupcakes Decoration
I’ve seen some cute pie cupcakes decoration ideas for summer, along with cupcakes decorated like pumpkin pies, but I wanted to think of something new. When brainstorming cupcake decorating ideas for fall, I tried to envision cupcakes inspired by Thanksgiving dinner. There are some really creative ideas on Pinterest for cupcakes decorated like a turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and lots more, but I wanted easy fall cupcake decorations. These easy pecan pie cupcakes are perfect to serve at Thanksgiving, friendsgiving, or a school or work potluck.
What you need for these easy fall cupcake decorations:
- Light brown frosting
- Candied pecans
- Icing bag, medium round tip with coupler, and large star tip with large coupler
- White frosting
How to make this pecan pie cupcakes decoration:
- Using cream or beige colored frosting, spread a small amount to the top of the cupcake.
- Add candied pecans in a single layer over the top, sticking them to the frosting.
- Pipe dots of the same beige frosting around the perimeter of the top of the cupcake to resemble pie crust.
- Finish it off with a small dollop of white frosting to look like whipped cream.