I love smoked salmon. But have you ever tried hot smoked salmon? It’s a different smoking method than the usual cold smoked salmon that you’re probably used to, and the results are delicious! Hot smoked salmon has more of the texture and taste of grilled or roasted salmon, but with a wonderful smoky finish. Even those that aren’t as into regular cold smoked salmon (but do like fish) love hot smoked salmon. It’s great on it’s own with some crackers, but it’s also delicious in recipes! Today I’m sharing a recipe for a super easy Hot Smoked Salmon Flatbread Pizza with a lemon, garlic, and herb spread. It’s great as a quick and easy lunch or brunch recipe, and the fish is super nutritious (packed with antioxidants and health-boosting omega-3s).
I start by using pre-made flatbread crusts and cook them according to package directions until crisp and browned. While they’re browning I prepare the herb spread.
To make the spread, mix a room-temperature package of cream cheese with 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill. After the crust is done, spread this mixture onto the prepared flatbread crust.
Next, flake the hot smoked salmon (I used Changing Seas Hot Smoked Salmon that I found at Whole Foods) and distribute it on top of the cream cheese mixture along with capers and sliced red onion.
If desired, garnish with some extra dill.
Then slice and serve!
It’s such a quick and easy brunch idea. Here’s the recipe!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 2 pre-made flatbread pizza crusts
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 4 oz. package hot smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/3 cup red onion sliced
- fresh dill garnish, to taste
- Cook pre-made flatbread crusts according to package directions until crisp and browned.
- Meanwhile, mix a room-temperature package of cream cheese with 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, and spread onto the prepared flatbread crusts.
- Flake the hot smoked salmon and distribute on top of the cream cheese mixture along with capers and sliced red onion.
- Garnish with extra dill if desired, then slice and serve!
Leave a Reply