I’ve been eating a lot more veggies lately, between salads for lunch and healthy snacks. To keep things exciting, I’ve been experimenting with new veggie dips and salad dressings. My favorite new dressing is this crave-worthy Avocado-Lime Ranch Dressing. This avocado ranch is good as a salad dressing or as a dip for veggies or chips. The recipe yields just over 2 cups of avocado lime ranch dressing, and can be halved if less is needed.
I developed this recipe as part of the Allrecipes Allstars Tastemakers program. Rate, review, and photograph my recipe for Avocado-Lime Ranch Dressing on Allrecipes here, see the full recipe along with some of my cooking tips below, or you can Jump to Recipe directly.
How to make homemade avocado lime ranch dressing
Avocado ranch is actually really quick and easy to make. If you have the ingredients, you can prep everything in 5-10 minutes (max), and prepare it in about the same amount of time.
I start by combining a large avocado (cut into chunks) and two chopped garlic cloves in a blender or large food processor and process until it’s well pureed. If you’re not as much of a garlic lover as we are, you can reduce the garlic to one clove instead of two.
In a bowl, I mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, and freshly squeezed lime juice until they are well blended. Then, I pour it over the avocado mixture in the blender.
Next I add dill (you can use fresh or dried dill for this recipe), parsley flakes, dried chives, salt, onion powder, and pepper to the blender.
Puree it all together until it is liquefied.
You can serve the avocado ranch dressing immediately, or store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
This avocado lime ranch is really good as a dip, too! It’s nice and thick.
Here’s the recipe for homemade avocado lime ranch dressing!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 1 large avocado chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped dill (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine avocado and garlic in a blender or large food processor and process until well pureed.
- Stir mayonnaise, sour cream, and lime juice together in a bowl until well blended. Pour over avocado mixture in the blender. Add dill, parsley, chives, salt, onion powder, and pepper. Puree until liquefied. Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- If you're not as much of a garlic lover as we are, you can reduce the garlic to one clove instead of two.
- You can use fresh or dried dill for this recipe.
Ramona Cruz-Peters says
Thanks! It’s a good one!
It was very tasty, Ramona. Thank you for sharing
Ramona Cruz-Peters says
I’m so glad you liked it! Thank you for letting me know 🙂