To follow up on last week’s post on our DIY Cinder Block Raised Garden Bed, I wanted to share pics and instructions for our coordinating DIY Cinder Block Bench.
We got the idea (naturally) from Pinterest. I like the way cinder blocks look, while also being cheap and easy to work with. I love the look of gray and concrete, and with cinder blocks, you don’t have to shape the concrete yourself… they are ready to go!
The bench we liked the most was this one from Kayla’s Basement. We pretty much followed her instructions, but without the cushion (I liked the zen look of the bare wood), and changing the size.
- 12 cinder blocks (I used these 8″x8″x16″ cinder blocks from Home Depot at $1.58 each)
- 4 – 4″x4″x8′ pieces of wood (I got these ones from Home Depot)
- Thompson’s Waterseal (affiliate link)
- Liquid Nails construction adhesive (affiliate link)
More Easy DIY Outdoor Décor Ideas:
- French country-inspired budget patio makeover
- Resurfacing a Concrete Patio for a Budget DIY Patio Makeover
- How to Design an Outdoor Living Space
- How to Make a Hanging Potted Herb Garden
- DIY Cinder Block Raised Garden Bed
- DIY Cinder Block Bench
- DIY Cinder Block Plant Bench
- Fire Pit Guide (outdoor fire pit ideas, design tips, and buying guide)
- Throw a Fabulous French Country Style Outdoor Party
- Three Ways to Style Your Yard with a Hammock
- Front Yard Garden Makeover
- DIY Front Door Makeover
- Curb Appeal