We have been slow in getting things done in our yard, mostly because I have a lot of ideas that I just can’t commit to (hence my non-permanent yard options, like this hanging herb garden). But we felt the need this year to do away with our old wooden raised garden bed, as it was starting to show it’s age.
I really like gray and stone tones, so we found a few DIY yard projects using cinder blocks (we had a bench to make next – check out our DIY cinder block bench here), including this raised garden bed. Here is how we did it!
Using 12 of these 8″x8″x16″ cinder blocks from Home Depot ($1.58 each), and 12 of these 8″x2″x16″ concrete top caps from Home Depot ($0.90 each), some QuickCrete to lightly seal the caps to the cinder blocks, and 4 bags of garden soil (on sale at Home Depot), this total project cost about $45 total.
More Easy DIY Outdoor Décor Ideas:
- French country-inspired budget patio makeover
- Resurfacing a Concrete Patio for a Budget DIY Patio Makeover
- How to Design an Outdoor Living Space
- How to Make a Hanging Potted Herb Garden
- DIY Cinder Block Raised Garden Bed
- DIY Cinder Block Bench
- DIY Cinder Block Plant Bench
- Fire Pit Guide (outdoor fire pit ideas, design tips, and buying guide)
- Throw a Fabulous French Country Style Outdoor Party
- Three Ways to Style Your Yard with a Hammock
- Front Yard Garden Makeover
- DIY Front Door Makeover
- Curb Appeal