Our Easter celebrations may be a little different this year, but there are still plenty of festive Easter ideas we can do with our families at home. One super easy idea is to make bunny-shaped pancakes! I call them Bunny Butt Pancakes, and they can be customized with your favorite pancake recipe and whatever toppings that you have on hand.
How to make Bunny Butt Pancakes for Easter:
- Mix up a batch of your favorite pancake recipe (or make pancakes from boxed mix) and heat a skillet or pancake griddle. Spray the skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, cook the components for your Bunny Butt Pancakes. For each bunny, you will need the following:
- A large round pancake (for the bunny butt)
- A smaller round pancake (for the bunny’s head)
- Two small oval pancakes (for the bunny’s feet)
- Two long and thin pancakes (for the bunny’s ears)
- Assemble the cooked Bunny Butt Pancake components on a plate like the photo above so that you have bunny shaped pancakes.
- Add toppings to decorate your bunny if you have them (just work with what you have on hand). Some pancake topping ideas I love:
- Fruits (bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, and peaches are all delicious on pancakes)
- Chocolate chips
- Whipped cream or butter (a dollop of either can make a cute cotton tail for your Easter bunny pancakes)
- Marshmallows (also works great for a cotton tail)
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate syrup
- Any other syrups you love
- Maraschino cherries
- Brown sugar
- Flavored yogurt
- Chopped walnuts
- Coconut flakes
- Fruity cereal
It’s also fun to get the kids involved in decorating the bunny shaped pancakes. Not only do you have your kid-friendly Easter breakfast idea, but you also have a fun Easter activity for kids! Two birds (err, bunnies?), one stone.
What other easy but festive ideas do you have planned for Easter?