If #NationalBaconDay isn’t a food holiday worth celebrating, I don’t know what is. Here’s a brand new bacon-wrapped meatballs recipe to celebrate: Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs! These bacon-wrapped bundles of deliciousness are served with a sweet teriyaki sauce, and perfect for your game day tailgate or homegate celebrations. It also happens to be a baked teriyaki turkey meatballs recipe, so they are low on the guilt! Score (er, touchdown?). Serve these ground turkey teriyaki meatballs with additional teriyaki sauce for dipping.
I developed this teriyaki turkey meatballs recipe as part of the Allrecipes Allstars Tastemakers program. Rate, review, and photograph my recipe for Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Meatballs on Allrecipes here, or keep reading to see the full bacon-wrapped meatballs recipe along with some of my cooking tips below.
More game day appetizer ideas like this bacon-wrapped meatballs recipe:
- Super Easy Football Party Food Ideas
- Recipes for Planning the Ultimate HomeGate Football Game Watching Party
- Tater Tot Mini Cheeseburger Bites recipe
- Coach Nik’s Guacamole – the best easy guacamole recipe
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs
- Quick and Easy Low-Carb Party Appetizers (All with Four Ingredients or Less!)
- Easy 15-minute, four-ingredient, crowd-pleasing football tailgate party recipes
- Easy Tailgate Recipe: Brown Sugar BBQ Mini Sausages
- Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Sriracha Mayo
How to make bacon-wrapped teriyaki turkey meatballs
To make these baked teriyaki turkey meatballs, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with some nonstick cooking spray.
Combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, diced onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well mixed.
Form the meat mixture into sixteen 1 1/2-inch balls.
The bacon-wrapped meatballs recipe calls for 8 slices of bacon, each cut in half. Wrap each ground turkey meatball with a half-piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick.
Brush the bacon-wrapped turkey meatballs with teriyaki sauce, then place the ground turkey teriyaki meatballs seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the teriyaki turkey meatballs in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then remove them from the oven and brush the meatballs with more teriyaki sauce. Continue baking the ground turkey teriyaki meatballs until the turkey is cooked completely and the bacon has reached your desired crispness (about 15 to 20 minutes more).
Serve the baked teriyaki turkey meatballs with additional teriyaki sauce for dipping.
Here’s the Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs recipe! Enjoy!
Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
These bacon-wrapped bundles of deliciousness are served with a sweet teriyaki sauce, and perfect for your game day tailgate or homegate celebrations. Serve with additional teriyaki sauce for dipping.
- cooking spray
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- 16 toothpicks
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce, or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Form into sixteen 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Wrap each meatball with a piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick. Brush each bacon-wrapped meatball with teriyaki sauce, then place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush the meatballs with additional teriyaki sauce. Continue baking until the turkey is cooked completely and the bacon has reached your desired crispness, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Leave a Reply