This post was sponsored by Torani. The opinions are my own.
I’ve got the best, low-guilt beverage for the holidays! A keto-friendly, low carb Sugar-Free Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate! This keto drink recipe will warm you up during cold weather. It is delicious and rich, and you’d never guess that this hot chocolate is low carb and sugar-free! You can make it a #aguiltfreeholiday! The recipe gets its richness without the guilt thanks to yummy Torani Sugar Free Classic Caramel Syrup. I’ve got the full recipe at the bottom of this post, but keep reading to get tips on how to make this low carb hot chocolate recipe to perfection. You can find #Torani Sugar Free Syrups at a Walmart near you in the coffee and tea aisle.
Torani has lots of delicious sugar free syrup flavors. Lots of restaurants and cafes use Torani to upgrade their beverages and recipes (it’s quality you can trust, using the best ingredients and natural flavors), and you can do the same at home! Your kitchen can become your own personal coffee shop just by adding some Torani syrup to your cup of coffee or latte. Since it mixes so well, Torani syrups are great for all sorts of recipes, not just beverages. One bottle can be used for endless recipe possibilities!
I love sweet and rich coffee and chocolate drinks, but they are often loaded in sugar. When I had the chance to try Torani Sugar Free Classic Caramel Syrup, the first thing I wanted to make was a salted caramel hot chocolate. I found the perfect balance of sweet, rich, salty, and creamy in my keto-friendly Sugar-Free Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate recipe that I’m sharing today. This sugar free hot chocolate recipe is written for two servings, but you could easily scale it up or down depending on how many servings you need. And why not treat yo’self to a little extra since this low carb hot chocolate is also low on the guilt?
Here’s what you need to make the Sugar-Free Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate recipe:
You begin by making some sugar-free homemade whipped cream. If you’ve never made whipped cream yourself, it’s much easier than you might think!
Using a mixer, beat together heavy whipping cream, no-calorie sugar substitute, and vanilla extract until it’s whipped and able to form stiff peaks. Then set it aside while you make the sugar free hot chocolate.
In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together milk, Torani Sugar Free Classic Caramel Syrup, cocoa powder, and some salt with a whisk.
Whisk well until all of the cocoa powder is well blended with the milk mixture. Then, continue to cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until the mixture comes to a lightly bubbling simmer. Remove it from heat.
Divide the hot chocolate between two mugs and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle a little coarse salt on top of the whipped cream.
Look at this deliciousness!! Can you believe this hot chocolate is low carb and sugar free?
Here’s the recipe! Don’t forget to pick-up some Torani sugar free syrups the next time you’re at Walmart, and pin this keto hot cocoa to your low carb recipe boards!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons no-calorie sugar substitute (such as Splenda)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 tablespoons Torani Sugar Free Classic Caramel Syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Coarse sea salt for garnish
- Using a mixer, beat together the heavy whipping cream, sugar substitute, and vanilla extract until whipped and able to form stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the milk, Torani Sugar Free Classic Caramel Syrup, cocoa powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt with a whisk. Whisk well until all of the cocoa powder is well blended with the milk mixture. Continue to cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until the mixture comes to a lightly bubbling simmer. Remove from heat.
- Divide the hot chocolate between two mugs and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle a little coarse salt on top of the whipped cream.
You had me at salted caramel 🙌🏻
Ramona Cruz-Peters says
Thanks love! SO good.
Ahhh I love cocoa!! Also love that it’s Keto friendly. Will have to try this out this weekend!
Ramona Cruz-Peters says
Yes, it’s completely sugar-free (even the whipped cream)! Enjoy 🙂