Disclosure: I received a sample of Sapporo beer to test this recipe for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own. I was not financially compensated for this post.
Fall means two things in my house: 1) fall fashion, and 2) college football. A third would be Pumpkin Spice Lattes, because honestly, I’m a little basic like that. Anyway, being in Austin, and being that my husband is a Texas Longhorns fanatic, we tailgate at every UT home football game in the fall. I make my famous Crock Pot Party Meatballs for every tailgate, but since this last weekend was the first home game of the year, I wanted to make something new to bring. Sapporo reached out to me to tell me about some new recipes for football season using Sapporo beer. As Texans love chili, I decided to try Sapporo Chili (recipe below). If you’ve been searching for a slow cooker chili recipe with beer, stop your search here. As you’ll see by the reviews of my fellow tailgaters, this is the BEST beer chili crock pot recipe!
The beer chili slowcooker recipe was a hit! It was easy to make, and perfect for a tailgate. One of our friends even said, and I quote, that it was “slap your mama good.” I’d say that’s a pretty rave review.
How to make this slow cooker chili recipe with beer
After browning some ground turkey, you pretty much just dump all the ingredients and seasonings (including half a bottle of Sapporo Premium beer) into a crockpot to make this crockpot chili recipe with beer. Then you just let the crockpot do its thang!
Top your chili with sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, or your other favorite chili toppers.
Naturally, it pairs really well with some ice cold Sapporo beer!
This slow cooker chili recipe with beer is definitely a keeper. Here’s the recipe so you can give it a try yourself for your next tailgate.
Delicious slow cooker chili recipe with beer (Sapporo, to be exact) that's perfect for a tailgate. Adapted from a recipe by SAPPORO.
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup of minced garlic
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/8 cup granulated garlic, divided
- 1/8 cup granulated onion, divided
- Pinch chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup paprika
- 1/8 cup ground cumin
- Pinch Italian seasoning
- Pinch ground coriander
- 2 16-ounce cans vegetarian chili
- 1 16-ounce can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ of a 12-ounce bottle of Sapporo Premium
- Cover bottom of large sauté pan with olive oil and add minced garlic
- Season ground meat with pinches of the granulated garlic, granulated onion, chili powder, salt, and pepper
- Brown ground meat in large pan with heat turned up about half way so to not burn meat and spice mixture
- Once meat is browned, transfer to slow cooker
- Add canned chili and the rest of all the spices, sauces, pastes, and beer and stir in the slow cooker to blend all ingredients together
- Set cooker to Low and timer to 8 hours, stirring approximately every hour so the chili doesn’t stick and the tomato-based products don’t burn. After 8 hours, switch to Keep Warm if you are not serving right away
- Feel free to top with chopped up cooked bacon, fried onions, shredded cheese, sour cream, scallions or anything you like
- Serve with tortilla chips and an ice cold Sapporo!
I hope you like this beer chili crock pot recipe as much as we do!
More tailgate recipes:
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs
- Super Easy Football Party Food Ideas
- Brown Sugar BBQ Mini Sausages
- Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
- Coach Nik’s Guacamole
- Tater Tot Mini Cheeseburger Bites
- Quick and Easy Low-Carb Party Appetizers (all with 4 Ingredients or Less!)
- Recipes for Planning the Ultimate Homegate
- Easy 15-Minute Crowd-Pleasing Football Tailgate Party Recipes
Leave a Reply