This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over. #SipUpTheSeason
The time for holiday entertaining is upon us, and I’ve got your holiday party beverage! A sparkly, minty Candy Cane Spritzer made with 7UP® (click here for a coupon to get it at H-E-B) and sparkling wine! I’ve got the full recipe at the bottom of this post, but keep reading for tips on making this cocktail juuuust right. You’ll definitely want to pin this one!
My whole family loves 7UP. Not only is 7UP great by itself, it is also a delicious addition to recipes, especially party punches! You can use it for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic party beverages, and it adds a nice bit of fizz! It’s just not a celebration without fizz!
7UP is also super versatile, and makes a simple addition for holiday entertaining. Simplicity is key this time of year for easing the stress of all the holiday commitments. Less time preparing means more time enjoying holiday parties and traditions with your loved ones!
Perfectly in-line with this, 7UP has this adorable limited-time Holiday Sweater packaging right now! It makes it even easier for your holiday entertaining, since the box itself goes perfectly with party and holiday décor.
This spritzer recipe is super simple, but oh-so-yummy… especially for peppermint lovers! One of the key components is lining the rim of your serving glasses with crushed peppermint. This is much easier than it may sound, and gives off a high impact for your party guests! You just dip the rim of your serving glasses into a small saucer of lime juice, then roll the rim around on a plate of crushed peppermint. You can either crush the peppermint yourself, or buy the pre-crushed peppermint candy from H-E-B in the baking section. I am all about shortcuts like this!
The candy on the rim gives you some subtle sweetness that balances really well with the mint and lemon-lime flavors of the cocktail.
Once you’ve gotten your serving glasses ready, the rest is super easy. Just combine the sparkling wine, 7UP, and peppermint extract in a pitcher and stir.
When you are ready to serve, garnish with a candy cane (also a key ingredient… it adds a little more sweetness and gives the spritzer a lovely pink shade)!
Don’t forget to use this coupon and get yourself some 7UP at H-E-B with convenient Curbside Pickup, and pin this recipe!
- 2 bottles of sparkling wine
- 4 12 oz. cans 7UP
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Lime juice
- Crushed peppermint candy
- Candy canes
- Add sparkling wine, 7UP, and peppermint extract to a pitcher, and stir.
- Place lime juice in a small saucer, and crushed peppermint on a separate small plate. Dip the rim of your serving glasses into the lime juice, then roll around in the crushed peppermint to create a candy-crusted rim.
- Pour the spritzer into the glass when ready to serve, and add a candy cane. Serve immediately.
This recipe is made for a large, party-sized batch. You can reduce the ingredients by half to make a smaller batch.
More holiday party food and drink ideas
- 15 Fun and Easy Christmas Party Food Ideas
- Family Recipe: The Best Coquito (Puerto Rican Eggnog) Recipe
- Perfect Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe (Great for Gifting!)
- Dark Chocolate Caramel Corn Fudge Brownies
- OREO Cookie Balls Christmas Lights Recipe
- Coquito Balls (Caribbean-Style Coconut Rum Balls)
- Papa Cruz’s Flan de Coco (Puerto Rican Coconut Flan Recipe)