How to make the best, foolproof brownies
Variations on Fab Everyday’s Classic Brownies
- Snickers Brownies
- Super Easy Football Party Food Ideas (Football Brownies)
- Valentine’s Day Brownie Bites
- Mint Swirl Shamrock Brownies
- Candy Cane Brownies
- Instant Pot Brownie Bites
Fab Everyday’s Foolproof Classic Brownies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder, but regular cocoa powder also works well)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup real, unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Mix sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix butter, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; add butter mixture to the bowl with the flour mixture and stir batter until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Top with chopped walnuts, if desired (you can also top with chopped pecans or dark chocolate chips).
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are brown and center is set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and let brownies cool completely before serving, about 30 minutes.
Tip for making this brownie recipe foolproof: It’s important to use real butter, not margarine, for this recipe. I’ve tried it with margarine and it never turns out the right consistency.