My little bean is one year old. I have no idea where the time has gone. A one year old doesn’t have a ton of interests, so we had to sit and think about a good theme for his birthday party. One thing was for sure: the kid loves music. He claps and dances every time we play his favorite DVD, Trebellina (a music appreciation DVD for children – helps them read music and learn about different instruments… I highly recommend this one), so we thought that a Rock n’ Roll themed party would be fun! Gotta love Pinterest… I found so much inspiration through the site, which made planning a lot easier. Click here to see my planning and inspiration board for Sawyer’s Rock n’ Roll themed birthday party.
I always say that the event invitation should really set the tone for a party, as it is the first impression folks will have of your event. It is also an easy way to find a theme (colors, fonts, and patterns) that you can carry through your whole event to make it pretty and consistent.
For the case of this party, I found a really pretty invitation from Printastic Design on Etsy that I used to inspire my party. I ended up creating the paper products on my own with Illustrator, and using my favorite online printer (the best prices I have found online, plus quick turnaround, and always great quality), UPrinting. But I loved this design on Etsy, especially the blue and green color scheme.
Here are the details from Sawyer’s party.
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. This does not cost you anything additional, and helps me to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
As always, my themed parties need a good playlist. Here’s what we used:
Rock n’ Roll Party Playlist:
- I Love Rock N’ Roll (Joan Jett & The Blackhearts)
- Old Time Rock and Roll (Bob Seger)
- Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo (Rick Derringer)
- Rock’n’Roll is Here to Stay (Danny & The Juniors)
- We Built this City (Starship)
- Shake, Rattle and Roll (Bill Haley & His Comets)
- It’s Only Rock’n’Roll (But I Like It) (The Rolling Stones)
- Rock and Roll (The Velvet Underground)
- I Wanna Rock (Twisted Sister)
- Rock and Roll Music (Chuck Berry)
- Rock and Roll All Nite (KISS)
- Rock and Roll (Led Zeppelin)
- Your Mama Don’t Dance (Poison)
Edited to add: All printables for the party are available in this post here. These printables are free, but I would appreciate a follow for @fabeveryday on social media (you can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram) in return. If you post pictures of your parties, tag @fabeveryday in them so we can see what you do! Finally, if you blog about your party, please link back to fabeveryday.com in your blog posts to credit the printables and inspiration.
More kid’s birthday party themes:
- Bendy and the Ink Machine-Themed Birthday Party
- Classic Nintendo Birthday Party (Mario Bros., Zelda, Kirby and More)
- Construction-Themed Birthday Party
- Despicable Me / Minion Birthday Party
- Dinosaur-Themed Birthday Party
- Disney Cars Birthday Party
- DIY Escape Room Kid’s Birthday Party (with lots of escape room puzzle ideas)
- Emoji-Themed Birthday Party
- Ice Cream Social Birthday Party
- Jungle-Themed 1st Birthday Party
- LEGO Movie Birthday Party
- Minecraft-Themed Birthday Party
- Pokémon-Themed Birthday Party
- Power Rangers-Themed Birthday Party
- Rock n’ Roll Themed 1st Birthday Party
- Thomas and Friends / Thomas the Tank Engine Birthday Party
- Tiger-Themed Birthday Party Planning Ideas