Who else loves Clifford? I love when a good story spans across generations. It’s especially fun when my kids come to love something I also loved as a kid. If you’re a fan of Clifford, too, or have Clifford fans in your life, you’ll want to save this post. To celebrate the release of CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG on Blu-ray and DVD (available TODAY – February 1, 2022), I’m sharing a guide for planning a Clifford movie watch party or a Clifford the Big Red Dog birthday party. I’ve got Clifford the Big Red Dog party decorations, Clifford birthday party supplies, Clifford party food, Clifford crafts, Clifford the Big Red Dog party favors, and free Clifford the Big Red Dog printables! Everything you need for a Clifford birthday party theme.
Disclosures: This is a sponsored post. The opinions are my own. This post also contains some affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase using the links, I may receive a commission. This does not cost you anything additional.
More about CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG on Blu-ray and DVD
When Emily discovers her little red puppy named Clifford has grown ten feet overnight, she turns to her eccentric Uncle Casey for help. But when a mad scientist tries to capture the larger-than-life playful pup, it takes the entire neighborhood to hide Clifford as they race across the city. Get ready for the incredible, laugh-out-loud comedy adventure that is BIG fun for the entire family! CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG is available to purchase from Paramount Home Entertainment on Blu-ray and DVD February 1, 2022 with exclusive bonus content:
- Part of the Pack— Get a behind-the-scenes look at Clifford’s big movie with interviews from cast and crew.
- Acting is for the Dogs—There’s more to Clifford than meets the eye: meet the puppeteers who brought the giant red pup to life!
- The Magic of Bridwell – See where Clifford’s big adventure began from creator Norman Bridwell’s early drawings for the beloved Scholastic book series to Clifford’s worldwide fame.
- Tips & Tricks for Taking Care of a 10-Foot Dog – Get hilarious tips on how to take care of a giant dog!
- Deleted Scenes
Click here to order CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG on Amazon, and learn more about the movie on CliffordMovie.com.
Clifford The Big Red Dog party decorations and Clifford birthday party supplies
When planning any party, I start with the party color scheme. For my Clifford the Big Red Dog party decorations, we decided on an overall color scheme of red (the dominant color, obviously), yellow, and blue. Deciding the colors first makes it easier to shop for Clifford birthday party supplies, as I could focus on red plates, napkins, and utensils (or a combo pack like this).
The food table setup included a yellow tablecloth, a red backdrop (made from red plastic tablecloths), and bone garlands that I made using my Cricut. Another fab detail I wanted to add to my Clifford the Big Red Dog party decorations, but ran out of time to put together, is a balloon garland to wrap around the edges of the backdrop. This kit includes the party colors of red, yellow, and blue, plus black and white paw print balloons.
The food table and snack bar included a sign that says “Bone Appetit” with Clifford on it. I’ve got a link to download this sign and all the other free Clifford the Big Red Dog printables at the end of this post.
Other table décor included printable food signs with Clifford on them (links to the free Clifford the Big Red Dog printables are at the end of this post).
Clifford party food ideas
A Clifford the Big Red Dog birthday party or movie watch party wouldn’t be complete without fun themed snacks! Here are some Clifford birthday party theme food and drink ideas.
Make Your Own Snack Mix Bar
Kids can create their own snack mix cups using red treat cups filled with different ingredients of their choice from the snack bar.
What you need:
- Snack containers (I used two different sizes from Party City: large and small)
- Red treat boxes
- Snack bar ingredients
- Standard snack mix components like popcorn, cereal (Cheerios and Chex), pretzels, chocolate chips
- Dog-themed snack items like bone candies and Scooby Snacks (dog treat-shaped graham crackers)
- Lot of red ingredients, such as dried cranberries, dried strawberries, red gummy bears, red M&Ms, etc.
Even after the party my kids were able to make snack mixes to bring to school using leftovers from our Clifford snack bar. This was one of the Clifford party ideas that gave us several days of fun!
Candy Melt and Pretzel “Bones”
These bone treats are for kids (not pups), and are perfect to make for a Clifford the Big Red Dog watch party!
What you need:
- Pretzel rods
- Mini marshmallows
- White candy melts, divided
- Wax paper
- Break the pretzel rods into small pieces, approximately 2” long.
- Melt half of the candy melts per package directions. Dip the ends of two mini marshmallows into the melted candy, then stick to one end of the pretzel rod, then lay on wax paper. Repeat with two more mini marshmallows and stick them to the other side of the pretzel, so the pretzel and marshmallows resemble the shape of a bone. Repeat to make as many bones as you’d like, then let cool until the candy dries and hardens.
- Melt the remaining candy melts. Dip the pretzel bones into the melted candy, shaking off the excess. Lay on wax paper until the candy dries completely.
Cute and tasty!
This kid-friendly charcuterie board is full of kid-favorite meats, cheeses, fruits, and vegetables. Bone-shaped cookie cutters add to the fun. This snack will be a BIG hit for a Clifford the Big Red Dog movie watch party or Clifford the Big Red Dog birthday party!
What you need:
- Board or serving platter
- Bone-shaped cookie cutter
- Your favorite deli meats and cheeses (such as ham, turkey, salami, Cheddar, and Monterey Jack)
- Red fruits (such as strawberries, raspberries, and cherries)
- Red veggies (such as cherry tomatoes, sliced red bell pepper)
- Use the cookie cutter to cut the meat and cheese into bone shapes.
- Arrange the meat and cheese on the board. Surround with crackers, then fill the remaining space with fruit and vegetables.
It’s that easy! A Bark-uterie is such a simple but tasty way to work with the Clifford birthday party theme.
For Clifford party beverages, serve your kids’ favorite red drink (such as fruit punch, Kool-Aid, or cranberry juice) in clear cups with red and white striped paper straws.
Clifford the Big Red Dog Cupcakes
Inspired by the film and perfect for your party, make Clifford’s big red cupcakes by Popcorner Reviews. Click here to download the recipe and printable cupcake wrapper.
Clifford crafts and activities in the Clifford birthday party theme
The easiest activity idea for a Clifford party is to watch the new CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG movie on Blu-ray or DVD. In addition to the movie, here are some fun extra activities and Clifford crafts to keep little hands occupied.
Clifford Mask Craft
If you’re looking for Clifford crafts, this one is super simple, but such BIG fun! This paper plate Clifford mask is a fun and creative activity to celebrate the release of Clifford the Big Red Dog.
What you need:
- Red plate
- Red and black construction paper
- Popsicle stick
- Double-sided tape
- Masking tape
- Black marker
- Cut eye holes into plate.
- Cut 2 red ears and 1 black nose out of construction paper. Attach to the plate with double-sided tape.
- Draw a mouth under the nose using the marker.
- Attach the popsicle stick to the back of the plate with masking tape to make a handle for the mask.
Another easy Clifford the Big Red Dog birthday party game is to play fetch! Get a pack of bulk squeaky dog toys and spread them around the yard. Create a timed relay game or one-on-one race where kids collect the dog toys. The fastest team or player wins!
Clifford Activity Books
CliffordMovie.com has a free downloadable Clifford activity book with lots of fun activities for kids. Click here to download and print the Clifford Activity Book from the official movie website.
Clifford The Big Red Dog party favors
Thank your party guests by sending them home with a goodie bag!
These Clifford the Big Red Dog party favors are easy to put together. Fill plastic treat bags with red candies (Party City has a ton of different options in their Red Candy Buffet section; I used red chocolate coins, gumballs, Hershey’s Kisses, and M&Ms). Tie the bags with a yellow ribbon and attach a “Thanks BIG Time!” printable round tag (get the tag and all the free Clifford the Big Red Dog printables below).
I love how simple but festive the Clifford the Big Red Dog party favors turned out!
Clifford The Big Red Dog printables
Here are links to all the Clifford the Big Red Dog printables shown in this post:
- BONE Appetit Food Table Sign
- Clifford Blank Food Signs
- Clifford Cupcake Wrappers
- Clifford Activity Book
- Clifford Party Favor Tags
Want an easy way to save the ideas from this post? Click here for the downloadable Clifford Watch Party Guide! CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG is available to purchase from Paramount Home Entertainment on Blu-ray and DVD now! Pick it up for your family today and get ready for some BIG fun!
More kid’s party inspiration like this Clifford birthday party theme
- Anime-Themed Birthday Party
- Bendy and the Ink Machine-Themed Birthday Party
- Classic Nintendo Birthday Party (Mario Bros., Zelda, Kirby and More)
- Clifford the Big Red Dog Birthday Party
- Construction-Themed Birthday Party
- Despicable Me / Minion Birthday Party
- Dinosaur-Themed Birthday Party
- Disney Cars Birthday Party
- DIY Escape Room Kid’s Birthday Party (with lots of escape room puzzle ideas)
- Emoji-Themed Birthday Party
- Kid’s Ice Cream Social Birthday Party
- Safari Themed 1st Birthday Party
- LEGO Movie-Themed Birthday Party
- Minecraft-Themed Birthday Party
- PAW Patrol Party Ideas
- Pokémon-Themed Birthday Party
- Power Rangers-Themed Birthday Party
- Rock and Roll Birthday Party
- Silent Disco Party (Fun 13th Birthday Party Theme)
- The Legend of Korra and Avatar: The Last Airbender Party
- Thomas the Train Birthday Party (with Free Thomas and Friends Birthday Printables)
- Tiger-Themed Birthday Party Planning Ideas
Leave a Reply