I don’t know about you, but I love, love, LOVE a cocktail with champagne or bubbly. I was tasked with creating a fall champagne cocktail recently, and came up with a delicious champagne and cognac cocktail that I call Fall 75. This easy cognac drink is an autumnal twist on the New Orleans French 75 and perfect for fall and winter entertaining.
French 75 variations
In case you didn’t know, the New Orleans version of French 75 is made with cognac instead of gin, and that was my starting inspiration for this fall champagne cocktail. In addition to the use of cognac, this recipe uses a spiced apple cider instead of the traditional French 75’s lemon juice and simple syrup for an autumnal flavor. Since I love food and drinks using fresh herbs (check out my refreshing sparkling mocktails with mint, basil, and rosemary), this cognac recipe is garnished with a sprig of fresh rosemary for some additional subtle spice.
I created the cognac drinks for a live event I hosted on Pinterest (on how to throw a friends’ cocktail party; catch the replay here), and it has become one of my most popular Idea Pins! See the Idea Pin here, and scroll down to get the detailed recipe. Be sure to save this one if you’re searching for cognac drinks or cognac recipes, French 75 variations, or fall cognac drinks.
Here’s the French 75 recipe! If you love this cognac cocktail as much as we do, please consider leaving a rating. À votre santé!
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Cognac
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) spiced apple cider
- Chilled sparkling wine (Champagne, Prosecco, etc.)
- Optional: Fresh rosemary or thyme sprigs
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add Cognac and apple cider and shake well. Pour into 4 champagne coupe glasses or flutes. Top with sparkling wine. If desired, garnish with a fresh rosemary or thyme sprig.
More drink recipe ideas like this cognac cocktail
- The best Coquito (Puerto Rican Eggnog) recipe
- Candy Cane Spritzer cocktail recipe
- Dublin Kiss (Jameson and Baileys shot recipe for St. Patrick’s Day)
- Sparkling Rose Sangria (great cocktail for Cinco de Mayo)
- Tropical White Sangria recipe
- Low Carb Peach and Rosemary Gin Fizz
- Patriotic cocktail: Red, White, and Blue Wine Spritzer
- New Years Cocktail Guide: Two Beverage Recipes for NYE and NYD