I don’t know about you, but I love, love, LOVE a cocktail with champagne or bubbly. I was tasked with creating a fall champagne cocktail recently, and came up with a delicious champagne and cognac cocktail that I call Fall 75. This easy cognac drink is an autumnal twist on the New Orleans French 75 and perfect for fall and winter entertaining.
French 75 variations
In case you didn’t know, the New Orleans version of French 75 is made with cognac instead of gin, and that was my starting inspiration for this fall champagne cocktail. In addition to the use of cognac, this recipe uses a spiced apple cider instead of the traditional French 75’s lemon juice and simple syrup for an autumnal flavor. Since I love food and drinks using fresh herbs (check out my refreshing sparkling mocktails with mint, basil, and rosemary), this cognac recipe is garnished with a sprig of fresh rosemary for some additional subtle spice.
I created the cognac drinks for a live event I hosted on Pinterest (on how to throw a friends’ cocktail party; catch the replay here), and it has become one of my most popular Idea Pins! See the Idea Pin here, and scroll down to get the detailed recipe. Be sure to save this one if you’re searching for cognac drinks or cognac recipes, French 75 variations, or fall cognac drinks.
Here’s the French 75 recipe! If you love this cognac cocktail as much as we do, please consider leaving a rating. À votre santé!
This easy cognac cocktail is an autumnal twist on the New Orleans French 75. This sparkling cocktail is perfect for fall entertaining.
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Cognac
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) spiced apple cider
- Chilled sparkling wine (Champagne, Prosecco, etc.)
- Optional: Fresh rosemary or thyme sprigs
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add Cognac and apple cider and shake well. Pour into 4 champagne coupe glasses or flutes. Top with sparkling wine. If desired, garnish with a fresh rosemary or thyme sprig.
More drink recipe ideas like this cognac cocktail
- The best Coquito (Puerto Rican Eggnog) recipe
- Candy Cane Spritzer cocktail recipe
- Dublin Kiss (Jameson and Baileys shot recipe for St. Patrick’s Day)
- Sparkling Rose Sangria (great cocktail for Cinco de Mayo)
- Tropical White Sangria recipe
- Low Carb Peach and Rosemary Gin Fizz
- Patriotic cocktail: Red, White, and Blue Wine Spritzer
- New Years Cocktail Guide: Two Beverage Recipes for NYE and NYD
Can’t wait to give this drink a try! I love the champagne coupe glass in the picture! Where did you buy it?
Ramona Cruz-Peters says
Thank you! I found it on eBay. I searched for vintage coupe glasses and got it as part of a set of 6 mixed vintage coupe glasses. I’m kinda digging the mismatched set of cool vintage glasses, honestly. Makes party setup interesting!