Our family loves a good mocktail. Whether you’re planning a family-friendly party, trying to have inclusive beverage options for sober friends, or just want to enjoy a delicious drink sans the alcohol, there are so many delicious mocktail recipes to try. Today I’m sharing one of our current favorites. It’s an orange juice mocktail, a non-alcoholic sunrise! This tequila sunrise mocktail, also called an orange sunrise mocktail, is a virgin sunrise mocktail, meaning it’s made without tequila or any other alcoholic ingredients. If you’re looking for mocktail recipes with orange juice, try this easy Sunrise Mocktail recipe!
What you need to make a tequila sunrise mocktail (virgin sunrise mocktail)
To make this orange sunrise mocktail recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients and tools:
- Highball glass (or other tall, clear drinking glass; clear is key so you can see the cool layered sunrise effect)
- Club soda*
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Grenadine syrup
- Orange slice (for garnish)
- Maraschino cherry (for garnish)
Optional ingredient: Add a splash of agave nectar to the glass along with the soda water.
How to make this sunrise mocktail recipe
To make this tequila sunrise mocktail, first fill a highball glass with ice. Add a splash of soda water, followed by the orange juice.
Top the orange juice with the grenadine, which will sink to the bottom of the glass in a layered, ombré effect. Tip: If you add too much grenadine or accidently mix it too much and lose the layered effect in your orange sunrise mocktail, top the glass with a little more of the orange juice to enhance the contrast of the layers again.
Garnish your orange juice mocktail with the orange slice and cherry. You can add them directly to the top or rim of the glass, or skewer them onto a cocktail stick laid over the top of the glass.
Here’s the Sunrise Mocktail recipe! If you love this non-alcoholic sunrise as much as we do, please consider leaving a rating on the recipe to let others know it’s a winner. Cheers!
- Splash club soda
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 ounce grenadine
- Orange slice, for garnish
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Add a splash of soda water,* followed by the orange juice.
- Top with the grenadine, which will sink to the bottom of the glass in a layered, ombré effect.
- Garnish with the orange slice and cherry.
*Optional ingredient: Add a splash of agave nectar to the glass along with the soda water.