I don’t know about you, but when the weather’s nice, we love to cook outdoors as much as we can. Because of this, we are always looking for easy grilling recipes. Bonus points if they involve bacon. Extra bonus points if they are low carb! Today I am sharing a recipe that scores all the bonus points: a keto-friendly Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus recipe with an easy homemade lemon aioli. This simple bacon wrapped asparagus keto recipe is easy, delicious, and satisfying, especially for those on a ketogenic or low-carb diet. Note: You should use full-fat mayonnaise for the aioli if you are keto. I developed this asparagus wrapped in bacon keto recipe as part of the Allrecipes Allstars Tastemakers program. Rate, review, and photograph my recipe for Keto Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus with Lemon Aioli on Allrecipes here, and see the full recipe along with some of my cooking tips below. Looking for more keto-friendly recipes? Check out my popular Keto Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumble recipe, and see more keto recipes linked at the end of this post.
How to make this grilled bacon wrapped asparagus recipe
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of homemade aioli! Making the lemon aioli is super easy; you just mix all the prepped ingredients together! The aioli pairs perfectly for this grilled bacon wrapped asparagus recipe.
After it’s mixed, just refrigerate the aioli until ready to serve, and start prepping the keto bacon wrapped asparagus.
The size of your asparagus bundles for this bacon wrapped asparagus keto recipe will depend on the thickness of your asparagus stalks. I recommend bundles of three to five stalks depending on thickness. In this example, I had pretty thin stalks, so I made bundles of five stalks each.
Some bacon-wrapped asparagus recipes might suggest using a toothpick to secure the bacon while cooking. My recipe does not, because I wrap the bacon so that it overlaps (securing the starting point), then tuck the tip of the end under the wrapping. If you wrap tightly, this tucking method works perfectly, and the bacon will not come undone while grilling.
I am a fan of using olive oil spray instead of brushing with oil, because it is more even, you don’t need as much oil, and there’s less mess to clean. After spraying the bundles, I add the final seasoning.
Tip for making this grilled bacon wrapped asparagus recipe: Grill the asparagus on aluminum foil to prevent flare-ups from bacon grease drips.
We grill the keto bacon wrapped asparagus for about 10 minutes on one side, flip, then grill for another 10 minutes (or until the bacon is done to our liking).
Just look at these delicious bundles of bacony goodness!
Serve the grilled bacon wrapped asparagus with the lemon aioli dipping sauce, and you’ve got a yummy keto-friendly appetizer or side dish.
This grilled bacon wrapped asparagus recipe is truly simple, but so mouthwatering!
The lemon aioli recipe can be used as a keto dipping sauce for other things too, so you’ll want to refrigerate any extra to save. See more serving suggestions for the lemon aioli in my Lemon Garlic Aioli recipe here.
Here’s the full grilled bacon wrapped asparagus recipe!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 10 slices bacon
- olive oil cooking spray
- freshly cracked pepper
- Combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic salt in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate lemon aioli until ready to use.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Divide asparagus stalks into groups of 3 to 5 stalks, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Wrap each asparagus bundle tightly with 1 piece of bacon, overlapping slightly as you wrap and tucking the ends under the bacon so it holds securely.
- Place asparagus bundles in a single layer on a piece of aluminum foil. Spray bundles lightly with olive oil spray and top the bacon with cracked pepper.
- Grill asparagus bundles on the foil for 10 minutes. Flip each bundle and grill until bacon is cooked through and crisp, an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon aioli.
You should use full-fat mayonnaise for the aioli if you are keto.
More keto recipes from Fab Everyday like this keto bacon wrapped asparagus:
- Keto Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumble Recipe
- Instant Pot Mushroom and Spinach Frittata
- Bacon and Gruyere Instant Pot Egg Bites recipe
- Instant Pot Feta, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip
- Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Sriracha Mayo
- Keto Baked Spinach-Artichoke Chicken Breasts recipe
- Instant Pot Keto Chicken Thighs in Lemon-Garlic Cream Sauce recipe
- Keto Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe
- Keto Pork and Veggie Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe
- Keto Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- Sugar-Free Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (keto-friendly drink recipe for the holidays)
- Keto-Friendly S’mores Hot Chocolate recipe