It’s October, so you know what that means: it’s time for all the fun and spooky Halloween ideas! Today I’m sharing a super simple Halloween food idea: Spooky Spaghetti with Eyeball Meatballs! This easy Halloween recipe is full of shortcuts, so this creepy-but-cute meal will be on your table in no time.
Here’s what you need to make Spooky Spaghetti:
- Mozzarella pearls
- Pre-cooked meatballs
- Black bean spaghetti (affiliate link)
- Marinara sauce
How to make Spooky Spaghetti:
- Use a straw to hollow out a small hole in a mozzarella pearl to start making the meatball eyeballs for your spooky spaghetti.
- Stuff a caper in the hole made by the straw.
- Repeat with remaining mozzarella pearls for as many eyeballs as you want.
- Prepare pre-cooked meatballs according to package directions. Like you did with the mozzarella pearls, use a small spoon to hollow out a hole in each meatball, then stuff the caper-stuffed mozzarella pearl inside it. Voila! Eyeball meatballs.
- Meanwhile, cook black bean spaghetti noodles for your spooky spaghetti according to package directions.
- Twirl some of the black bean spaghetti into a mound and place on a plate or serving dish. Layer with pre-made jarred marinara sauce (the red of the sauce gives the spooky spaghetti a nice bloody look) and top with an eyeball meatball.
Spooky Spaghetti is super easy, and super fun! You can even get the kids to help stuffing the eyeballs.
Tag @fabeveryday on social media if you make these… I love to see how others are inspired to incorporate more fabulousness in their everyday lives!
More Halloween food and party ideas like this Spooky Spaghetti:
- Easy, kid-friendly Halloween food ideas
- CharBOOterie (Spooky Charcuterie Board for Halloween)
- Fun Halloween Recipe for Kids – Spooky Spider Hot Dogs
- Spiderweb Dip (Fun Taco Dip for Halloween)
- Black Widow Spider Brownies (Halloween brownie bites recipe)
- Halloween-Themed Birthday Party (in April)
- Dessert Recipes for Your Leftover Halloween Candy
- Snickers Brownies recipe (great for using up that leftover Halloween candy)
- Easy and fun family Halloween costume ideas