I have worked in collaboration with one of our partners to provide you with the below post.
One of the world’s most celebrated party days is fast-approaching, so it’s time to get ready to throw a fabulous party that will make all of your friends green with envy! We’ve come up with a full guide with tips on décor, themed food, classic Irish tunes, drinks other than green beer to help you celebrate.
Everyone loves a great themed party to break through the traditional dinner or birthday party every once in a while—and who says we have to wait until Halloween to do it? Get your friends together in their wittiest St.Patrick’s day shirts and get ready to indulge in the St. Patty’s day festivities March 17th.
As far as decor goes, the greener the better! Light up the room with a shamrock marquee sign that’ll guide your guest to the bar. Have fun with your decor and get the kids involved in the fun by setting up a leprechaun booby trap craft station.
Food is the most important part of any party. If you’ve got great food (and plenty of it), your guests will be raving about your party for weeks to come. St. Patrick’s day is the perfect day to have fun with your usual party menu in favor of some themed accoutrements.
Green, green, green is the way to go for your St. Patty’s event— and potatoes of course! Put together an array of appetizers for guests to nibble on throughout the party.
Here are a few of our favorite appetizer ideas that all of your guests will absolutely love:
- Veggie tray
- Green salad
- Beer dip
- Irish soda bread
- Irish potato bites
If you’re feeling adventurous, why not go for it and make a dish your Irish grandmother would be proud of?! Make a big crock pot of corned beef for your guests to share. It’s delicious, budget-friendly, and super filling— perfect for a night of celebrating.
Go all out this St. Patrick’s day by incorporating some Irish tunes into your party playlist this year. Mix in some of these classic and modern Irish and Irish-inspired songs along with your other favorites for a playlist that will have everyone dancing:
- “I’m Shipping Up to Boston” by Dropkick Murphys
- “Zombie” by The Cranberries
- “C’est la Vie” by B*witched
- “With or Without You” by U2
- “Irish Celebration” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
- “Whiskey in the Jar” by The Dubliners
- “Rocky Road to Dublin” by Luke Kelly
What’s the most important part of a St. Patty’s day party? The drinks of course! But don’t stop at the classic DIY green beer, there are plenty of alternatives that will keep the party going.
Whether you drink it straight or make mixed drinks, there are few things that toast to the Emerald Isle quite like an Irish whiskey. Stuck on whiskey ginger or whiskey cola? Here are some amazing cocktail recipes to kick of your party with class.
Sour Irishman Ingredients
- 1.75 oz. Choice Whiskey
- .5 oz. Drambuie
- 1 oz. Lemon Juice
- .75 oz. Ginger Honey Syrup
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake. Strain into a martini glass.
Old Fashioned Ingredients
- 2 oz. Rye or Bourbon
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 Sugar cube
- Club soda
- Place the sugar cube in an old fashioned glass and wet with Angostura bitters and a splash of club soda
- Crush the sugar with a wooden muddler or spoon
- Add a large ice cube
- Pour in the Rye or Bourbon
- Serve with a stirrer and garnish with an orange peel
Make sure to have plenty of options for kids and non-drinkers at your event! Green tea is a great option for your guests that fits right into the green theme.
Embrace the fun this March 17th by hosting some games for your guests to play at your party.
You won’t need much to keep the adults entertained at your party— but having some drinking games and group activities like dominoes or card games is a great way to get the group chatting and enjoying themselves. Capture memories by including a photo booth with themed printables and ask your guests to share them on social media with a custom hashtag.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with this St. Patrick’s day! Let us know if you tried some of our tips, and be sure to share yours in the comments.
More St. Patrick’s Day Food, Drink, and Travel Ideas:
- St. Patrick’s Day Snacks for Kids: Easy, Kid-Friendly St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Ideas
- St. Patrick’s Day Snack Board (St. Patrick’s Day treats for kids)
- St. Patrick’s Day Lucky Charms Treats
- Mint Swirl Shamrock Brownies
- Shamrock Cupcakes (St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes)
- Dublin Kiss shot recipe for St. Patrick’s Day (with Jameson and Baileys)
- Spiked Mint Chocolate Pudding Parfaits (boozy St. Patrick’s Day desserts)
- Instant Pot Irish Stout Beef Stew (or try this Vegetarian Instant Pot Irish Stout Stew)
- Let the Shenanigans Begin DIY St. Patrick’s Day Shirt
- Planning the Perfect St. Patty’s Party
- Travel Tuesday: St. Paddy’s Day in Savannah, Georgia
Leave a Reply