In case you haven’t noticed, Halloween is kind of a big deal for the #FabFam. We plan our costume ideas for months and have so much fun putting them together. You can see links to some of our family costumes from the past years below, but I’m thrilled to announce our costume for this year: Spider-Verse family costumes! I’m sharing all the details on how we put together our family’s Spider-Verse costumes, including a Miles Morales costume, Spider Gwen cosplay, Spider Punk costume, and Spider Noir costume, so keep reading for the instructions. And because there are so many cool characters in the Spider-Verse movies, I collaborated with my good friend Terri’s family (of XOXO, Terri) to bring even more of the movies’ characters to life to inspire even more Spider-Verse costume ideas. You can see a sample below of her costumes for a Spiderman Mary Jane costume, Peter B. Parker costume, Spider Baby Halloween costume, Miguel O’Hara costume, Peni Parker costume, and Spider-Verse Spot costume, but be sure to visit her companion article Family Across the Spider-Verse Costumes for the full details on those. Whether you’re doing family Spider-Verse Halloween costumes or looking for a fun costume idea for an office or large group of friends, we hope these inspire you!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. This does not cost you anything additional, and helps me to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
More family Halloween costume ideas like these Spider-Verse family costumes
- Easy and fun family Halloween costume ideas
- DIY The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power Family Costumes
- DIY Loki Variant Halloween Costumes (Family Loki Cosplay)
- DIY Mandalorian Halloween Costumes
- Hamilton costume ideas for the whole family
- DIY Stranger Things 3 family Halloween costumes
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Family Halloween Costumes
- Family Harry Potter Halloween Costumes
- Like and Subscribe! DIY YouTuber Halloween Costumes for the Whole Family
- Super Easy DIY Lego Movie Halloween Costumes for the Whole Family
- DIY Despicable Me 2 Halloween Costumes
For our Spider-Verse costumes, we did versions with and without masks for a few of our characters, as you’ll see.
Here’s how XOXO, Terri’s family Across the Spider-Verse costumes came out! Keep reading for more details on this group costume as well.
Kids Miles Morales costume
Sawyer chose a Miles Morales Halloween costume for our family Across the Spider-Verse costumes. He’s always loved and identified with Miles, the first Puerto Rican Spider-Man! This was the easiest of our costumes, but still worked out very well! Here’s how we made our Spider-Man Miles Morales Halloween costume.
What you need to make a Miles Morales Halloween costume:
- Miles Morales costume
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Chicago shoes (or other red, white, and black high-top tennis shoes)
Spider Gwen cosplay costume (Ghost Spider Halloween costume)
I got to do a Gwen Stacy Halloween costume! My Ghost Spider Halloween costume was great quality, and it just needed a few additional touches to make it the perfect Spider Gwen cosplay for our family Spider-Verse costumes.
What you need to make a cosplay Spider Gwen Halloween costume:
- Spider Gwen / Ghost Spider costume
- Gwen Stacy wig (note: this wig came with more brown highlights than what was pictured, so I trimmed out a lot of them).
- Teal shoes (these ones look like ballet slippers, which is perfect for a Gwen Into the Spider-Verse costume)
Punk Spiderman costume (Spider Punk costume)
If I’m being honest, Grayson’s Spider Punk costume is my favorite of our Spider-Verse costume ideas! The character Hobie is just too cool, and Grayson decided to do the Punk Spiderman costume almost immediately after we saw the latest movie. Our Spider-Man Punk costume was actually a pretty easy DIY, but we love the way this punk rock Spiderman costume turned out!
What you need to make a Spider-Man Punk costume:
- Traditional red and blue Spider-Man costume with black streaks coming down from the eyes drawn with a Sharpie
- Small foam cones attached to the headpiece to look like spikes (I used velcro). We drew on them with a silver Sharpie to give them some metallic look and dimension.
- Royal blue t-shirt cut up to look like Hobie’s distressed shirt
- Black faux leather vest with punk-themed buttons (I got a Union Jack pin, an Irish flag shamrock pin, an anarchy pin, a sad face pin, and a punk rock pin)
- Black pants
- Tall red combat boots (I got these boots from JustFab and dyed them red using this paint)
- Studded necklaces and bracelets
- Draw facial piercings with makeup
- Optional: Electric guitar as an accessory
Spider Noir costume (Spider-Man Noir cosplay)
Another one of my favorites from our Spider-Verse family costumes is my husband’s Spider Noir cosplay. This Spider Noir costume was a pieced-together DIY, and we are so happy with the results. If you’re thinking of doing a Spiderman Noir cosplay, we recommend this easy Spider-Man Noir costume DIY!
What you need to make a Spiderman Noir costume:
- Black and white Spider-Man mask
- Black costume trench coat (this one has a built-in vest)
- Black turtleneck, black pants, black shoes
- Black fedora hat
- Black leather gloves
Spiderman Mary Jane costume, Peter B. Parker costume, and Spider Baby Halloween costume
Since Terri just had a baby, it was a no-brainer for her family to do a combination Spiderman Mary Jane costume, Peter B. Parker costume, and Spider Baby Halloween costume. Look how great they turned out! Click here to get the details in her Family Across the Spider-Verse Costumes article.
Miguel O’Hara costume (Spider-Man 2099 costume)
Peni Parker costume (Spider-Verse Peni Parker cosplay)
Spider-Verse Spot costume
Where you inspired by these Spider-Verse Halloween costumes? Which ones do you want to try with your friends and family?