Our kids are really into the LEGO Movie. This is actually fine with the hubs and me since it is a really clever movie that even we enjoy as adults. Their love for LEGO Movie resulted not only in our group family Halloween costume, but also in the theme for G’s birthday party this year (see more on that his LEGO Movie-Themed Birthday Party here). Pulling these costumes together was ridiculously easy and budget-friendly. Here is how we did each one (a DIY Emmet costume, a LEGO Batman toddler costume, a Wyldstyle costume, and a Benny LEGO Movie costume).
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. This does not cost you anything additional, and helps me to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
DIY Emmet costume
This DIY Emmet costume is easy to make and comfortable (which is great for young kids on Halloween). Here’s how to make a Emmet Brickowski costume:
- Emmet boy’s hoodie from Amazon
- Orange pants from Amazon
- A box, spray painted red was the piece of resistance, which we duct taped to the back of the hoodie
LEGO Batman toddler costume
This LEGO Batman toddler costume is a super easy DIY, and comfortable enough for toddlers to wear for Halloween and beyond. Here are the components needed to make a DIY LEGO Movie Batman costume:
- Batman kid’s costume hoodie. The one pictured is sold out, but here’s another one from Amazon that looks even more accurate for a LEGO Batman costume.
- Black sweatpants from Amazon
DIY Wyldstyle costume
Here is what you need to out together a LEGO Wyldstyle costume:
- Wyldstyle hoodie from Design by Humans (an adult version of this hoodie was really hard to find!)
- Faux leather leggings from Amazon
- Black Robienne booties from JustFab (I am getting tons of mileage out of these booties already this fall). If you’re not a member of JustFab yet, click here to join (disclosure: this is an affiliate link, which means I receive commission from JustFab if you sign-up using the link)!
- Pink clip-in hair extension strip (in Rose Red) from Amazon
- Blue clip-in hair extension strip (in light blue) from Amazon
DIY Benny LEGO Movie costume
To make this super easy DIY Benny costume, you need just two things:
Our family DIY LEGO Movie Halloween costumes really could not have been easier, and since they were all hoodies, the kids (and the adults) will be able to easily re-use them for fun during the winter months.
Don’t forget to pin this one for Halloween for next year!
More family Halloween costume ideas:
- Easy and fun family Halloween costume ideas
- DIY Loki Variant Halloween Costumes (Family Loki Cosplay)
- DIY Mandalorian Halloween costumes
- Hamilton costume ideas for the whole family
- DIY Stranger Things 3 Family Halloween Costume
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Family Halloween Costumes
- Family Harry Potter Halloween Costumes
- Like and Subscribe! DIY YouTuber Halloween Costumes for the Whole Family
- DIY Descpicable Me 2 Halloween Costumes