Our kids are really into the Lego Movie. This is actually fine with the hubs and me since it is a really clever movie that even we enjoy as adults. Their love for Lego Movie resulted not only in our group family Halloween costume, but also in the theme for G’s birthday party this year. More on that in December!
Pulling these costumes together was ridiculously easy and budget-friendly. Here is how we did each one (Emmet, Batman, Wyldstyle, and Benny).
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. This does not cost you anything additional, and helps me to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
|The whole family together in costume|
|Action shot (posed by Grayson) with our Lego claw hands|
DIY Emmet Brickowski Halloween Costume
- Emmet boy’s hoodie from Amazon
- Orange Gymster pants from Gymboree
- A box, spray painted red was the piece of resistance, which we duct taped to the back of the hoodie
DIY Lego Batman Halloween Costume
DIY Wyldstyle Halloween Costume
- Wyldstyle hoodie from Design by Humans (an adult version of this hoodie was really hard to find!)
- Scuba leggings from Express
- Black Robienne booties from JustFab (I am getting tons of mileage out of these booties already this fall). If you’re not a member of JustFab yet, click here to join (disclosure: this is an affiliate link, which means I receive commission from JustFab if you sign-up using the link)!
- Pink clip-in hair extension strip (in Rose Red) from Amazon
- Blue clip-in hair extension strip (in light blue) from Amazon
Clip-in extensions and a high, side ponytail is all you need for Wyldstyle’s hair.
DIY Benny the 1980-Something Spaceman Costume
It really could not have been easier, and since they were all hoodies, the kids (and the adults) will be able to easily re-use them for fun during the winter months.
Don’t forget to pin this one for Halloween for next year!