One-pot meals are my fave… especially during busy times of year like the holiday or back-to-school seasons. I’m sharing a new super yummy one today: One-Pot Paprika Chicken and Rice. This paprika chicken thighs and rice skillet supper cooks together in one pot for an easy, relatively hands-off, all-in-one dinner that is full of smoky paprika flavor. I developed this recipe as part of the Allrecipes Allstars Tastemakers program. Rate, review, and photograph my Paprika Chicken Thighs and Rice Skillet recipe on Allrecipes here, or scroll down to get the full chicken paprika and rice recipe below. You’ll want to save this chicken and rice one-pot recipe for busy nights!
More one-pan and one-pot dinners like this paprika chicken & rice bake
- 13 easy sheet pan dinners for busy nights
- One-Pot Lemon-Pepper Chicken and Rice
- One-Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice
- Ranch-Baked Chicken Thighs with Bacon, Brussels Sprouts, and Potatoes
- One-Pan Southwest Quinoa (30-minute vegan pantry recipe!)
- Baked Greek Chicken (easy sheet pan Greek chicken and veggies recipe)
- One Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Sausage
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Jerk Chicken
- Baked BBQ Chicken Breast with Corn and Potatoes
- One Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Mediterranean Halibut
- One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Pineapple Pork Chops and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Veggies
- Baked Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes
- One-Pan White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Easy One-Pot Pasta Primavera
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Chicken and Rice Skillet:
- 5 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine paprika, seasoning salt, and garlic powder for seasoning blend in a small bowl; rub into both sides of chicken thighs.
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs to the hot oil and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the Dutch oven and stir into the drippings. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir until well coated in oil.
- Turn off the heat and pour in chicken stock. Stir, scraping the bottom of the pot with a spoon to loosen any browned bits. Stir in crushed tomatoes, basil, paprika, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Place chicken on top and cover with a lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and use tongs to remove chicken to a plate. Stir rice from the bottom to the top, then place chicken back on top of rice. Cook, uncovered, until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15 to 18 more minutes.