It’s almost football season! If you’ve been following my blog for a while, then you know we get really into college football. We host a big tailgate for every University of Texas home game and game watching parties for the weeks in between, the big bowl games, and of course that NFL Big Game too (check out some of my other football party ideas here). Because of this, I’m always coming up with new delicious snacks for game day. Today, I’m sharing one for Buffalo chicken phyllo cups that was really popular last year. You know I love my recipe hacks to make entertaining easier, and this easy Buffalo Chicken Bites recipe is full of time-saving shortcuts while also being full of flavor! If you’re searching for a Buffalo chicken bites appetizer, save this Buffalo chicken cups recipe, as it will be a go-to once you see how easy it is to make!
What you Need to make these Buffalo Chicken Phyllo Cups
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Buffalo chicken cups, along with a few ingredient notes:
- Premade phyllo cups (I really like the Athens Phyllo Shells)
- Shredded rotisserie chicken meat (from a prepared rotisserie chicken)
- Cream cheese (softened) or Greek yogurt (either option works deliciously)
- Buffalo wing sauce (to your taste and spice preferences)
- Blue cheese crumbles (you can go light on these or skip it altogether depending on your taste preferences, but I love the little bite it adds; my go-to brand is rich and creamy Treasure Cave Crumbled Blue Cheese)
How to make this Easy Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe
To make these Buffalo chicken bites, start by crisping the phyllo cups per package directions.
In a bowl, toss the shredded chicken with softened cream cheese or Greek yogurt (depending on which option you’re using) and the Buffalo wing sauce. The amount of cheese (or yogurt) and sauce is to your desired consistency and spice preferences. This is a super flexible recipe, so feel free to just wing the quantities a bit. This Buffalo chicken bites recipe is almost too easy to mess up!
Next, add the chicken mixture to the phyllo cups. Finally, top the Buffalo chicken bites appetizer with blue cheese crumbles.
Yes, these Buffalo chicken phyllo bites are really that easy to make!
This Buffalo chicken bites appetizer is the perfect addition to your game day spread, as it takes such little effort on your part to make, and is so easy for your guests to grab and eat.
Here’s the Easy Buffalo Chicken Bites recipe! If you make any changes or tweaks to the Buffalo chicken phyllo cups appetizer, let us know how it turns out in the comments!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Bites
You know I love my recipe hacks to make entertaining easier, and this easy Buffalo Chicken Bites recipe is full of time-saving shortcuts while also being full of flavor!
- Premade phyllo cups
- Shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- Cream cheese (softened) or Greek yogurt
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Crisp the phyllo cups per package directions.
- In a bowl, toss shredded chicken with softened cream cheese (or Greek yogurt) and Buffalo wing sauce. The amount of cheese (or yogurt) and sauce is to your desired consistency and spice preferences.
- Add the chicken mixture to the cups.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles.
More Game Day Recipes Like this Buffalo Chicken Bites Appetizer
- Super Easy Football Party Food Ideas
- Recipes for Planning the Ultimate HomeGate Football Game Watching Party
- Football Brownie Bites (and the best brownie bite recipe)
- Tater Tot Mini Cheeseburger Bites recipe
- Coach Nik’s Guacamole – the best easy guacamole recipe
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs
- Quick and Easy Low-Carb Party Appetizers (All with Four Ingredients or Less!)
- Easy Pretzel Dip Recipes
- Easy 15-minute, four-ingredient, crowd-pleasing football tailgate party recipes
- Easy Tailgate Recipe: Brown Sugar BBQ Mini Sausages
- Football Sausage Galette
Leave a Reply