It’s almost football season, which means tailgates, game day watch parties at home, and lots of delicious appetizers and dips! We love soft pretzels, whether store-bought (SuperPretzel is our go-to from the store) or homemade (I love this sourdough soft pretzel recipe from Rebooted Mom), but I personally always need something to dip them in, so over the years I’ve developed some quick and easy pretzel dips. Today I’m sharing our three all-time favorite easy pretzel dip recipes. These pretzel dipping sauces include a mustard cheese pretzel dip, a buffalo blue cheese dip, and pretzel dip with cream cheese (a sweet cream cheese pretzel dip). Serve them one at a time or make all three for some variety on your game day spread!
Pretzel Dipping Sauce Recipes
Here are the easy pretzel dips you’ll find in this article (scroll down to see each one):
- Mustard Cheese Pretzel Dip
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip
- Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel Dip
Mustard Cheese Pretzel Dip
I feel that a good cheese pretzel cheese dip is a quintessential pretzel dipping sauce offering. This one is a mustard cheese dip for pretzels. Whether you’re looking for a mustard cheese sauce for pretzels or simply an easy soft pretzel cheese dip, give this one a try! You can customize the amount and type of mustard to your taste.
- 8 ounces melting cheese (such as Velveeta), cubed
- Milk (as much as needed)
- Spicy brown mustard (to taste)
In a small saucepan, melt the melting cheese with some milk, adding a little bit of milk at a time. Stir in spicy brown mustard to taste and add more milk as needed for your desired consistency. Serve this pretzel cheese dip hot and fresh.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip for Pretzels
I don’t know why, but buffalo flavor just feels perfect for game day and tailgates, which is why we love this buffalo blue cheese dip for pretzels.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Buffalo sauce (to your desired level of spice)
- Crumbled blue cheese (to taste)
Mix sour cream with buffalo sauce (to your desired level of spice) in a bowl. Stir in crumbled blue cheese.
Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel Dip
After all the savory pretzel dipping sauce recipes, don’t forget how delicious sweet dips for pretzels are, too! Personally I think sweet dips like this pretzel dip with cream cheese are best served with unsalted pretzels, but sometimes a sweet and salty combo is fun, too. You do you. Here’s how to make a sweet cream cheese pretzel dip.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heavy whipping cream (as much as needed)
- Powdered sugar (to your desired sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a small saucepan, melt cream cheese and butter with heavy whipping cream (starting with a small amount of cream and adding a little more at a time as needed). Stir in powdered sugar (to your desired sweetness) and vanilla extract. Add more cream as needed to get your cream cheese dipping sauce for pretzels to your desired consistency.
Ready for game day!
More Game Day Recipe Ideas:
- Super Easy Football Party Food Ideas
- Recipes for Planning the Ultimate HomeGate Football Game Watching Party
- Football Brownie Bites (and the best brownie bite recipe)
- Tater Tot Mini Cheeseburger Bites recipe
- Coach Nik’s Guacamole – the best easy guacamole recipe
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs
- Quick and Easy Low-Carb Party Appetizers (All with Four Ingredients or Less!)
- Easy 15-minute, four-ingredient, crowd-pleasing football tailgate party recipes
- Easy Tailgate Recipe: Brown Sugar BBQ Mini Sausages
- Football Sausage Galette