This post is sponsored by Mi Rancho. The opinions are my own.
Are you ready for the Big Game? It’s not too late to throw together an amazing spread that will please all your guests, and today I’m sharing some tips to help you create a fabulous (but easy) spread and a delicious individual five layer dip appetizer idea! You can get it all in time for Sunday’s game, and it all comes together really easily without much prep – I call that a win! To make sure you score on the quality and taste, make sure to use an assortment of delicious organic chips and salsas from family-owned Mi Rancho. For over 80 years, Mi Rancho has been selling products using authentic old world processes combined with innovative techniques, and has you covered for your Big Game chip and salsa needs. Shop by February 7th for free shipping on your entire order with code GAMEDAY at shop.mirancho.com!
Why I love Mi Rancho chips and salsas for my game day spread
Mi Rancho is 100% family-owned, and has been since 1939. Founded in Oakland, California, they ethically source all of their ingredients, including California-grown corn. Their certified organic, non-GMO salsa recipes have been perfected from family and employee recipes for 40 years, making them some of the best jars of salsa you’ll try. You can just feel and taste the pride in every bag of chips and every drop of salsa. They also consistently ship quickly, so wherever you may be in the US, you can have your Mi Rancho chips and salsa fix in just a few days!
How to serve individual chips and dip, and what to add to your game day spread
You can’t have a five layer dip without some quality chips! Mi Rancho’s organic 7th Street Tortilla Chips (the name is an homage to the beginnings of the business as a Mexican grocer and bakery on 7th Street and Broadway in Oakland, CA) are crispy, delicious, and made with just five simple ingredients: organic white corn, organic sunflower oil, water, sea salt, and a hint of lime. They are available in Original and Thin varieties, and can be purchased individually, or as a two-pack of both types. In addition to being certified organic, Mi Rancho Chips are also certified gluten-free, making them an even better choice for your Big Game party guests.
In addition to the five layer dip we’re sharing today, you can also serve your chips alongside salsa (why not try a trio of different salsas, like Organic Salsa Roja, Organic Salsa Verde, and Organic Salsa Chipotle in Mi Rancho’s Organic Salsa Variety Pack), guacamole, and queso, which are all classic tortilla chip pairings. Tortilla chips are also delicious with spinach dips (like my Instant Pot Feta, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip) and creamy Buffalo chicken dips.
Other must-haves for your game day spread
- Hot wings (is it even a football watch party without wings?)
- Popcorn in individual football-themed boxes, which are not only easy to grab like our individual five layer dip cups, but also very easy for you to prepare as a host
- Easy football brownie bites (every party spread needs a little something sweet, and pre-made brownie bites are perfectly festive with little laces piped on with icing)
What you need to make these five layer dip individual cup appetizers
Here’s what you’ll need to make the five layer dip individual appetizers in cups:
- Jars (I used 4-ounce mason jars)
- Sour cream (you can also mix your sour cream with some taco seasoning as an extra-zesty upgrade)
- Prepared bean dip or refried beans
- Shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- Salsa (I alternated my five layer dip cups between Mi Rancho Organic Salsa Roja and Organic Salsa Verde, and love that they’re certified gluten-free, organic, kosher, and non-GMO)
- Tortilla chips (either Mi Rancho 7th Street Thin Corn Tortilla Chips or 7th Street Original Corn Tortilla Chips work well depending on your preference)
How to make individual five layer dip individual appetizers in cups
To assemble these individual 5 layer bean dip cups, layer the ingredients in a jar by either spooning them in, or piping them in plastic zipper bags with a corner snipped off in the following order: guacamole (putting the guacamole in first keeps it protected from the air so it tastes fresher longer), sour cream, bean dip, cheese, and salsa.
Add a few tortilla chips to the top for presentation, but be sure to serve these individual appetizers in cups next to a bowl of Mi Rancho chips for guests that want more.
I can’t wait to hear how you enjoy Mi Rancho chips and salsas! Remember to shop by February 7th to get free shipping on your entire order with code GAMEDAY at shop.mirancho.com!
Leave a Reply